1970 Olds Cutlass S Rat Rod Style

Well, I finally took a 70 for a decent drive. It got somewhere around 20 mpg according to the Holley monitor on the highway. It has about 55 psi at around 1500 rpm at 60 mph and 60 psi at about another rpm more. Just under 40 psi at about 750 at a hot idle with mostly 10W30 with 20W50, all VRI. Stayed a rock solid 180, which it usually does with the 160 thermostat and where I set the Davies Craig fan controller. Why I took the half hour drive? Went to my Daughter's, her garage is much wider. So I can do the used 3.08 gears and Yukon posi with new bearings and seals with a W27 cover for bling. I am using conventional 85W140 with extra posi additive. Also painting it to look like W27 differential. Then I will act all ignorant if anyone asks😇.

Reactions: DRIVEN

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor