Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
is this what they mean by air ride?.... :unsure:

20190601_132318-jpg.114951

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
Seafoam it a few hours before any outside picnics or parties are planned. Viola, no mosquitoes. Have you ever taken it down the dragstrip yet? The less expensive builds are more enjoyable. I only wish I'd take my own advice.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Do you fog it through the intake? Inline engines are pretty easy to soak pistons/rings, V engines not so much.
Seafoam works. Plus, neighbors love the smoke show.
Yes until it stalls. Then I pull the plugs and fill the cylinders and let sit overnight.
Seafoam it a few hours before any outside picnics or parties are planned. Viola, no mosquitoes. Have you ever taken it down the dragstrip yet? The less expensive builds are more enjoyable. I only wish I'd take my own advice.
I had 0 results from Seafoam. My Daughter cooked the 2004R the day before I went to the track, not kidding, the day before. She went out of town without telling me and ran it low. I had rolled seal for the dipstick and the Hughes pan always leaked some, ran low enough to fry the 3/4 clutch pack. It felt like a 14 second car. Then I put a TH350 in it and somehow I rolled the stupid dipstick seal and noticed how bad it was the day of the track. Our local track no longer runs. When I get the 424 built next year and if it runs the way I want there may be a 3 hour trip to the track. I will be hitting you up for the girdle this fall, finally sending in the 403 block to the machine shop. Then the 260 might go back in the 70 to stay mobile.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I just noticed that the car smokes when I give it throttle. I threw some STP Seafoam copycat down those back cylinders. Has more cleaners and on sale. I hope the rings aren't toast, just stuck from my carb choke issues, I had and fixed. Almost new positive seals in the heads, pretty sure rings. Maybe I should just tell everyone it is a sbc 350😉.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well sprayed the miracle juice down the carb till it stalled. Then removed #7 and #8 spark plug. I stuck a hose in a filled the cylinders. It will sit till Monday morning.
20190817_162452.jpg

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well, partial success after 2 treatments on the 350. 115 for #7 and 125 for #8. So another treatment of filling those cylinders. They will sit till next week.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
No real gain this time but will use up the can. Either way the 350 will be going in the 88 with the 2300 stall lock up torque converter and maybe the modded governor, should be around 5000 rpm shift points. Also putting the Performer intake back on, 1" open spacer and putting the hot air choke back on, will convert the 260 to electric. Along with a new A/C compressor, condensor, receiver dryer and maybe an evaporator, want working A/C again . Want a fun car to drive and hoping for 20 mpg while I build the 70S. It will adopt the 260 so it can move around. I plan on picking up the longer main studs and a girdle this fall and get the 403 block to the machine shop. Already have cam bearings, just main bearings to assemble the bottom end, will probably get them and some roller lifters from Cutlassefi. I am waffling about using iron heads but already have a set of ported #6 heads with 2"/1.625" valves and filled crossovers. The chambers do need to be enlarged a bunch and I would add new positive seals and springs to match the roller cam. Procomp heads are tempting as well. I was also waffling between a TH350C or a 4L80E. I do have a 2004R that lost 3rd and 4th due to my daughter running it low on fluid. I think building my extra half wrecked 2004R is better than paying $500+ for a questionable 4L80E core that might need rebuilt anyways. I actually HATE it's gear ratios, none are ideal, just like the strength idea of the 4L80E. If I splurge for the billet forward drum, new sun shell, billet 10 vane pump, shift kit, servo, sheet metal pan and big rebuild kit from CK Performance, I will rebuild the 2004R myself and should hold up fine, don't trust the local trans shop. I may go with Dr Dan's 2004R converter he runs, around 2800 stall. I have CK's big manual to help me do this. It may take some time, I do have a somewhat working non functional lockup TH350C, don't want to rush the 2004R build. Then I can run 3.90 gears, 1900 rpm at 60, 2200 rpm at 70 mph with the planned 275/60R15 tires, perfect cruising rpm. What can I say, want the acceleration to be like a sledgehammer and not screaming on the highway. New cars have spoiled me, steep first gear and great OD, want that for my 70S. Plan to have the short block together by Summer but bodywork, paint, orginal Sherwood Green, grills and maybe tail lights are a high priority as well. Also considering the AEM infinity on multipoint EFI but may just use the 750 Street Demon or send my extra Qjet to Everyday Performance. I would also add a wideband, planning on the Stainless Chinese headers and 2.5" dual exhaust to finish it out.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The 403 will be 4.390" bore, .043" top ring, 1.5, 3mm ring pack 550 gram Venolia custom forged pistons, 6" Scat SBC 2" journal rods, 3.5" stroker 330 crank for 424 ci. Thinking 9.6 to 1 and fairly aggressive roller cam to run with a decent timing curve on 91 non ethanol octane is the plan.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor