1978 Cutlass Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
i have some 78 buckets with the back plastic and ashtray that isnt in bad shape, could be cleaned up sanded lightly and repainted with SEM interior paint, i can sell you

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
here are the buckets that i have for sale,

hg.jpg

gff.jpg

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
finman04 said:
I see that the 78-80 buckets have the plastic cover on the rear of the seats, mine is shot, dry rotted rear bad. The 81 and after doesnt seem to have that. Can you order this or do you know a place where i can get this. I found on Gbody.com that i can reorder the b-pillar but they dont have that.
all the 78-88 cutlass seats have the plastic back, some have a full plastic back(non reclining) and others have a shorter plastic back with chrome trim on the side(reclinging seats)

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
lightemup2 said:
here are the buckets that i have for sale,

hg.jpg

gff.jpg

your seat backs are nice. dang man, did those seats material get worse when u started using them? from the pics i seen on here b4 the material looked pretty decent, now not as much. but, if u ever see any decent vinyl ones and would sell me the covers, hit me up man.

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
Evan's 85 said:
finman04 said:
I see that the 78-80 buckets have the plastic cover on the rear of the seats, mine is shot, dry rotted rear bad. The 81 and after doesnt seem to have that. Can you order this or do you know a place where i can get this. I found on <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" href="http://Gbody.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Gbody.com</a> that i can reorder the b-pillar but they dont have that.
all the 78-88 cutlass seats have the plastic back, some have a full plastic back(non reclining) and others have a shorter plastic back with chrome trim on the side(reclinging seats)

ya the seat backs are in great shape for sure, but the seats itself not so much, they were nice when i first got the car with slight cracks,but because they were sundried when u sit in them they just got worse over the year or so i drove it, so i im just going to take the backs and stuff off and either throw the seats away or something

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
lightemup2 said:
Evan's 85 said:
finman04 said:
I see that the 78-80 buckets have the plastic cover on the rear of the seats, mine is shot, dry rotted rear bad. The 81 and after doesnt seem to have that. Can you order this or do you know a place where i can get this. I found on <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" href="http://Gbody.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Gbody.com</a> that i can reorder the b-pillar but they dont have that.

ya the seat backs are in great shape for sure, but the seats itself not so much, they were nice when i first got the car with slight cracks,but because they were sundried when u sit in them they just got worse over the year or so i drove it, so i im just going to take the backs and stuff off and either throw the seats away or something
oh, ok I see. Ya, they we're that bad to start with @ all. I know what u mean when u say rotted/dried. I thought I found another bucket seat @ a junkyard, I went to set in it and the thing went CRACK and so i passed on that seat.

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
ya thats something you would have to find online that someone has had stored in a shed or something, more then likely sh*t from the junkyard that has been sitting for a while like seats and stuff, are usually junk.

finman04

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2011
Roseville Mi.
lightemup2 said:
Evan's 85 said:
finman04 said:
I see that the 78-80 buckets have the plastic cover on the rear of the seats, mine is shot, dry rotted rear bad. The 81 and after doesnt seem to have that. Can you order this or do you know a place where i can get this. I found on <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" href="http://www.viglink.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">VigLink</a>" href="<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" href="http://Gbody.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://Gbody.com</a>" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Gbody.com</a> that i can reorder the b-pillar but they dont have that.

Hey Evan, I sent you another PM on your seats. Havent been on much with work. Hope its not to late. Hope you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor