1978 Cutlass Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.
lightemup2 said:
How far is it from you? If he won't ship would you? I can send you a check or PayPal for the grills and horn button
Bout 2 hrs or yes i would.It don't have the correct steering wheel. It had one off a Malibu. If I can't find a another decent bucket, would u sell one of the seat covers reasonably? I'm @ junkyards a lot but most around here are basic models. Grilles not quite the same in a supreme.

no the grills are different in the supreme, they have the "waterfall" grills, and the calais has the squares, i'd sell you the spair buckets i have the tan ones in the pics you see but they are beat, i made a few calls though about seats, just waiting to get some pics of them for you i called the guy with the grills and no answer. could you call and see if he can send some pics over of the grills

lightemup2 said:
no the grills are different in the supreme, they have the "waterfall" grills, and the calais has the squares, i'd sell you the spair buckets i have the tan ones in the pics you see but they are beat, i made a few calls though about seats, just waiting to get some pics of them for you i called the guy with the grills and no answer. could you call and see if he can send some pics over of the grills

ok, we'll see if i can locate some around here 1st, if i cant that would be my last resort. I think shipping would be killer lol. just to buy the covers off of 'em would be much better lol. Ya, alot of ppl wnt answer to weird out of area #'s. I'd drop him a text.

I should know on saturday if I've found any.
Evan

I also am having interior problems. Picked up my 79 Calais and the bucket seats, rear seat and B-pillars are shot. Even the foam in the seats are shot. The car sat for a long time in the sun without coving anything. Any jelp would be great. Would the bucket seats out of a 81 thru 87 olds match up, it seems that the seats just look taller. Maybe i could use the foam and parts to redo the interior. Thanks any help would be great.

finman04 said:
I also am having interior problems. Picked up my 79 Calais and the bucket seats, rear seat and B-pillars are shot. Even the foam in the seats are shot. The car sat for a long time in the sun without coving anything. Any jelp would be great. Would the bucket seats out of a 81 thru 87 olds match up, it seems that the seats just look taller. Maybe i could use the foam and parts to redo the interior. Thanks any help would be great.

Yes, you could get buckets from any 78-88 Cutlass. They aren't taller as far as I know. Just different materials and patterns were used thru the years. as far as i know the 78-88 seats are the same other than material, etc. They shouldn't be taller.

I see that the 78-80 buckets have the plastic cover on the rear of the seats, mine is shot, dry rotted rear bad. The 81 and after doesnt seem to have that. Can you order this or do you know a place where i can get this. I found on Gbody.com that i can reorder the b-pillar but they dont have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor