1978 Malibu Project, 4th times a charm

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Good to see you back...was wondering this weekend how you were making out on it.

If you get a chance, could you post a side profile pic of the hood? Curious to see if it's smoother-flowing than the Goodmark, which looks like more of a wedge to me

This work or do you want a straight side?

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
That works...does it have a dip in about the middle or is it just the lighting?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Where the scoop rolls over...I think it's just the daylight reflection
screenshot.png

Pardon my awesome paint skillz lol

Last edited:

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
So, long time no updates.

Side work has kept us busy and the Malibu has languished in the corner. In the meantime I have bought a 454 and almost built that, then came close to buying a new 468 550hp crate engine but then what would I do with all the LS swap parts and engines I had bought? Then this weekend I picked up the 350/th400 combo out of my old C20 giving me one rebuilt transmission and then four engines sitting in the garage.

What to do.........

So this week we called it. Going to stay LS, go th400, and go turbo, not later like planned. NOW. So instead of playing with more side project cars parts are flying in. This week I've ordered an ICT billet oil drain timing cover, a Fahler turbo manifold, Billet 7875 turbo, 50mm blow off, 50mm wastegate, Holley Terminator X, Brian Tooley stage 2 camshaft, springs/titanium retainers, SFI flexplate, and more I've already forgotten about.

We have about two weeks needed to finish the bodywork/blocking of the roof, pillars, trunk/hood which will start after we clear out the side jobs and when parts start arriving I will start building all the hot side plumbing so the hard work is done before paint.

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor