Des Moines, Iowa
Following this.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
So, from the point of laying on it's side, all sanded and prepped with 180 grit sandpaper and wiped with lacquer thinner it still took 1.25 hours to mask it all off before that photo was taken. At that point I started mixing the raws using a 250ml graduated cylinder, because I use them for work, then got to spraying at about 60psi to keep the pattern as tight as possible.

After 1.5 coats

Then after all four liters of material and masking pulled

Surprisingly it all went well with no problems or snafu's, I expected problems, none arose, little to no overspray on the floor, and I managed to keep any overspray/mixing off myself although I do recommend a respirator made for organics, this stuff is stout.

Reactions: 5 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
And got back to work last night after buying a couple of Jeep Cherokees, like I needed something else to do. :blam: I'll get back out there this morning and finish the welding and cap the ends.

Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
And spent the better part of 5 hours finishing the welding today along with installing my JTraceshop control arm braces then coating with some Napa chassis black.

Reactions: 4 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Back at it again after a brief hiatus working on one of the Jeeps for 1.5 days. This morning I decided I wanted to get the body close to back on but I needed to finish the brake line install and that meant flaring one spot of stainless for the prop valve plus re-tapping the holes for the distribution valve but it's done.

Broke out all the recoated hardware

Back in the corner and I got my parking space back

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looking good...nice progress!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Great work! How did you replate the hardware or who did you have do it, and was it expensive?

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor