1978 Malibu Project, 4th times a charm

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Loving the progress and the build on this thread. Quality work sir, keep it coming!
Donovan

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
So project for the day was to buy a crappy/cheap split bench seat of CL, mount it in the car with the new inner mounts, then weld them in.

Mission accomplished!

And all cleaned back up then recoated

Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Doesn't seem like much but I did get the mounts over the axle patched in today, the front of floor pan smoothed out after removing the tip-tissorie, and the firewall welded for smoothing.

And it is now ready to seam seal and undercoat.

Reactions: 2 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Spent a little time in the garage this weekend and rolled it back over to modify the tip-tissorie so I can roll it outside when I am ready to undercoat the floor. Not in a hurry to do this as I want to spray some epoxy primer in a few places while I'm at it so I attacked the quarter panel with the heat gun and a razor blade.

I'd love to have it media blasted but that's money better spent elsewhere, besides I get quality time in the garage with beer and the radio turned up too loud.

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Just scraping away

Nice surprise on the roof, guess that's one way to hide a dent

It's been said on here before, but it's true. Progress is progress!

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
It's been said on here before, but it's true. Progress is progress!

Ain't that the truth! I read that several months ago on another site about getting stalled on a project, that if you stall, make sure you do one thing every day and you will build renewed interest. It's working for me!

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor