1978 Malibu Project, 4th times a charm

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Somehow missed this build when it started...just went through the thread...very nice work to this point...and will be a very nice Malibu when done! I'll be watching for updates..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
And I broke out the seam sealer today, most probably overkill.

I need a heavier product for the wheel wells then I can get to spraying the undercoating.

Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Not much done for over a month, hunting season has been using up my spare time, but I'm back in the garage for a year end push, I have all of next week off.

Floor plugs in, wheel wells sealed, and prepped for spraying Raptor Liner Monday.

And I got back on boxing the frame rails back in although I need to swap out to my .035 wire for this heavier stuff and the frame braces.

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's good to see you back to work on it again. I somehow missed this thread..
You are one thorough individual. Keep up the good work...keep us updated.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You do nice work. That's going to be a really great car!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
And I broke out the seam sealer today, most probably overkill.
I need a heavier product for the wheel wells then I can get to spraying the undercoating.

I would look at using sprayable seam sealer, I have used it before to duplicate the coating on the bottom of the rockers on 4th gen F bodies. I have also used it on the underside of the front surround on C3 corvettes to help reduce rock strike starring.

Wurth, Kent, 3M all make it, I'm sure others do as well.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I would look at using sprayable seam sealer, I have used it before to duplicate the coating on the bottom of the rockers on 4th gen F bodies. I have also used it on the underside of the front surround on C3 corvettes to help reduce rock strike starring.

Wurth, Kent, 3M all make it, I'm sure others do as well.

I ended up using a Transtar #4167 for the vertical stuff as well as the inside seams, good stuff and reasonable on cost. For the drip rails and trunk area I do have a 3M 2k product though.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor