1980 Cutlass Build thread now with Paint!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jonnyslick said:
That's some really bright blue.

Actually that camera and the lighting make it look brighter then it really is. Also there is alot of metallic in it. This is a chip of the actual color

rsp2507.jpg

Blake442 said:
Looks like you got some blue paint on your white seats!
It'll be worth your time to do some more masking in the future.

I liked the original color... but that's just me...

Also if you could see the orig color up close it sucks. The camera does it some justice. It is a very pale yellow. Kinda like what you would paint a babies room. Hmm just like what I painted my newborn twins room. Color is good for a room not so good on a car.

Well finally got the paint done after waiting for what seemed forever. This is what I have after a 2 days all out thrash on the car to get it ready and painted. I painted it in my garage at work and it turned out pretty good just need to do a real light sanding and buffing. The is a small amout of crap (I have no ideal what it is) in the third and finale coat of clear. But it will be easy to get out and it will look almost perfect when finished. So here are the pics. I will post pics of the finished interior in the nest day or so.

100_1483_Vga.JPG

100_1484_Vga.JPG

100_1485_Vga.JPG

100_1486_Vga.JPG

And I know there will be someone who will spy my mcss beside the cutlass so here are some pics of it.

100_1491_Vga.JPG

100_1492_Vga.JPG

So what do you all think?

cool, i like it, whats going on with the ss?

2000.malibu.ls said:
cool, i like it, whats going on with the ss?

The mcss is a weekend driver. With the gearing in it and having to take the interstate with speed limits of 65mph I just can't see driving it 30 to 45 mins at 3k+ rpms to work everyday. I take it from time to time but I run 55 at about 2500 rpm. I don't know how much the stock 305 can take and I don't want to find out on the way to or from work. Other then that it runs great and is a very clean original car. I also plan to keep it as stock as possible and leave the hot rodding to the Cutlass.

gs dewd said:
Well finally got the paint done after waiting for what seemed forever. This is what I have after a 2 days all out thrash on the car to get it ready and painted. I painted it in my garage at work and it turned out pretty good just need to do a real light sanding and buffing. The is a small amout of crap (I have no ideal what it is) in the third and finale coat of clear. But it will be easy to get out and it will look almost perfect when finished. So here are the pics. I will post pics of the finished interior in the nest day or so.

100_1483_Vga.JPG

100_1484_Vga.JPG

100_1485_Vga.JPG

100_1486_Vga.JPG

And I know there will be someone who will spy my mcss beside the cutlass so here are some pics of it.

100_1491_Vga.JPG

100_1492_Vga.JPG

So what do you all think?

WOW i'll admit i was kinda skeptical about how the paint job was gonna look from how i seen it on the first page, but it looks like it came out real good

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor