1980 Cutlass project from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to change hole front end, only front spoiler, the lower part of the bumper...

Havent done much to car, only drivenit because weather is beautiful 🙂 Did wash it today...

oldsi+008.JPG

oldsi+009.JPG

I did a pretty good found today to my Cutlass. Passenger side front door for 50 euros, so about 60 bucks. Never been on a car, good solid door, some minor rust, no holes at all! I just need to paint it and thats about it! The old door is pretty worn out so I'm glad to find this kind of replacement. Really rare to find that kind of door here in Finland! I think that coat of paint is straight from factory 🙂

oldsi+002.JPG

oldsi+003.JPG

oldsi+004.JPG

I changed front wheel bearings tonight, nothing special. Havent changed that kind on bearings before, learning, but went well 🙂

oldsi+001.JPG

Found a pretty cool steering wheel for my Cutlass! I dont know, is that kind of wheel originally from Cutlass Calais or something, but I think its real cool, fits real nice 🙂 Sprayed it with SEM Color Coat, lets see how it holds up there.

oldsi+015.JPG

Test fitted it, liked it and painted it, the old color was pretty worn out so had to paint it 🙂

oldsi+001.JPG

Looks like the color maches nicely with the other interior!

Thanks! Installed the new steering wheel, like it alot compared to Grant!

oldsi+002.JPG

oldsi+003.JPG

Any suggestion why my indicators doesn't release themselves? Could someone take a picture of their indicator/flasher unit that have all necessary parts? Im thinking maybe im missing one?

Soo, I think I know why my indicator wont release:

gm-upper-brg.gif

I dont have that part number 8 at all!

Pasikiainen said:
Any suggestion why my indicators doesn't release themselves? Could someone take a picture of their indicator/flasher unit that have all necessary parts? Im thinking maybe im missing one?

Here's a picture I found on the net
Picture009.jpg

You see the two small springs in the picture? Those two were broken in my steering column resulting indicator did not release itself when turning the steering wheel back and forth.
You can order them from nippelit.fi. (I'm also from Finland).

As for the part number 8 you should have it, at least I have it in my steering column.

Looks great. The stance is perfect! Love the choice in wheels too! I was always a fan in the Nascar style wheels.

Thanks guys 🙂

Springs were okay, but the part number 8 (picture shown in my last post), was missing, I was able to buy new ones, and now it works as it should! Didn't thight the steering columb yet though... Need to have more spare time to do that 🙂

I like the car. It's great that you have parts available to repair it. I like the wheels as well but you have to be very careful, Aero Has never to my knowledge made wheels for small studs or for the seat angle for stock lug nuts. The wheels may have a tendency to work loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor