1980 Cutlass project from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rebuilded the transmission, 1st to 2nd is too early at D, others are good. Checked everything multiple times, its a real mystery. I'm thinking that I'm just going to drive the car for a while now, see how it performs.

oldsi%2B001.JPG

Changed MSD Street Fire plug wires 🙂

Ordered Yukon 3.73 ring&pinion gear set and assembly set 😛

I think it will make a big difference compared to 3.08.

Don't pitch the 3.08s. Grease them and wrap them in plastic for a future use. If you ever switch to a 700-R4 transmission, 3.08s work great with that trans.

Finally got that 200-4r work like it should! I had the wrong MTV UP spring! Took it of (some of the trannys didn't have them when they were new), now it works as it should 🙂

3,73's are installed now, works really nice and is very quiet. Makes all the difference compared to 3.08!

3.73 and 0.67 overdrive. That's my combination, too. Motor on! Borrow a GoPro and make some movies cruising Finland in your Cutlass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor