1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

LSCustoms said:
all motors have a mild cam in them... :D

lol shows how much I know :rofl: I want my v6 to sound like that haha but the sputtering does for now :roll:

v2vera said:
LSCustoms said:
all motors have a mild cam in them... :D

lol shows how much I know :rofl: I want my v6 to sound like that haha but the sputtering does for now :roll:
nah, I know what you guys meant, I was being a smart *ss, but my motor sounds pretty mean with the exhaust on it too, but it has a pretty mild near stock cam on it too...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave V said:
Sending unit is on top of the tank if you follow that wire and you may have to splice off it and run a wire from the gague to it

Kool, so i dont have to drop the gas tank? right? hope i dont....is it just one wire coming out of there?
one wire shud look like this... one half of wire grounded to the underbody of the car... and the other half(pink in color i think) shud be coming off the sending unit
522_0735.jpg

kuruption109 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave V said:
Sending unit is on top of the tank if you follow that wire and you may have to splice off it and run a wire from the gague to it

Kool, so i dont have to drop the gas tank? right? hope i dont....is it just one wire coming out of there?
one wire shud look like this... one half of wire grounded to the underbody of the car... and the other half(pink in color i think) shud be coming off the sending unit
522_0735.jpg

Sweet!!! Thanks alot for the pic, thats really going to help me out ...to the pinkish red wire is when I get my sending unit power from.... Ok sounds pretty easy....

So I got my cluster sheet metal where I need it...just need to drill some holes to secure it and make holes for gauges ..keep u updated

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
High guys, this is my 1980 Chevy El Camino 305/350 Sunburst Orange, What do yo think?

ey homie whered you get that crome chevy cover for the fire wall? that sh*t looks nasty bro!

87lostsoul said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
High guys, this is my 1980 Chevy El Camino 305/350 Sunburst Orange, What do yo think?

ey homie whered you get that crome chevy cover for the fire wall? that sh*t looks nasty bro!

Thanks for ckin in...u mean nasty like tight! Or nasty like u don't like it???? Hahahaha

Got it on eBay brah...ck it out...about $90

Got my gauges in....I Use some angle snips to get my cut on and they fit perfect...alittle more modifications to make them stay in place and it's onnnnnnn!!! Lol

Still need to paint the cluster and make a hole for the fuel gauge... And I need to wrap the metal sheet in black vynal...I didn't like how it looked with the metal showing...

Well heres A little preview of what it will look like...

e04469c7.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Got my gauges in....I Use some angle snips to get my cut on and they fit perfect...alittle more modifications to make them stay in place and it's onnnnnnn!!! Lol

Still need to paint the cluster and make a hole for the fuel gauge... And I need to wrap the metal sheet in black vynal...I didn't like how it looked with the metal showing...

Well heres A little preview of what it will look like...

e04469c7.jpg
hey bro thats gonna b sweeeeet when u finish..ME LIKE! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor