1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Thanks Bro..almost there..

Here's the finish product and I'm very happy with it....got the fuel Hayes where I want it...ran some line from the sending unit to the front ...thanks Dave and Kris....went to autozone and got a new speed cable...installed it and was ready to go..BUT.....

I ran into a problem...( the back of the autometer gauge is a screw on back not a push on like our old speed cable...

Where can I find the right speed cable with a screw on tip to screw it to the back of the autometer gauge?

Is there an adapter?
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-990340

Chime in guys..that's all that's holding me back...

http://www.egauges.com/pdf/AutoMeter/212r.pdf

Thanks
Big Saint

e180ad18.jpg

Saint that looks real good I'm not sure which adaptor you need maybe hit up pollo they did that setup in the malibu. Now all else you need is to know what gear for the trans or you may need the speedo box like me to set it for 373 ratio

Dave V said:
Saint that looks real good I'm not sure which adaptor you need maybe hit up pollo they did that setup in the malibu. Now all else you need is to know what gear for the trans or you may need the speedo box like me to set it for 373 ratio

Would u know what speedo gear I will need to change too? I seen the old one, it was small maybe like 15 teeth or so not too sure tho.And I think it was yellow..pretty sure it's only a cpl bucks???

Th350/ 3.73 gears / 245/30/22 tires

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave V said:

Would u know what speedo gear I will need to change too? I seen the old one, it was small maybe like 15 teeth or so not too sure tho.And I think it was yellow..pretty sure it's only a cpl bucks???

Th350/ 3.73 gears / 245/30/22 tires

the site da reazon put up is a great site and you can figure what you need.

Kool, thanks guys, i will figure it out, should be simple.. :wink:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
with the instructions on the site it will be! and its better than what i had to do since when i did my car no such site existed and i went with the calibration box cause i was not able to figure it out.

Dave V said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
with the instructions on the site it will be! and its better than what i had to do since when i did my car no such site existed and i went with the calibration box cause i was not able to figure it out.

LoL , that must of sucked....going to call around right know..to get her on the road for a test drive this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor