1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

LSCustoms said:
the drive shaft is easy to take out too, just unbolt it from the rear end, there are 4 bolts, then that will drop the rear of the driveshaft out, then just pull it out of the tail shaft... it may be a little stubborn but it will come out... ace should be able to help u if he is close to yah...

Thanks Mr.Skip

seen the vid...it did slide right off...kool it should be hard then..

Well im going to try the cable to transmission gear first, and see where im at...and if that dosent do it i will drop the drave shaft from the rear where its connected to the transmission and switch out that speed gear...i think i will just do it on my own. I need to learn how to do this stuff on my own sometimes...if not i will def, call ACE..lmao :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the Vid... :mrgreen:

Nice clean paint

Highwood Malibu said:
Nice clean paint

Thanks for cking in and for the nice comment. :mrgreen:

Ok so found the 19 driven tooth gear i needed at a local trans shop " Trans Mex" for $15.00...the guy there did tell me that the 17 and 19 tooth gear are the most common for th350 trannys...he did mention to me that the 7 tooth drive gear thats located on the out put shaft dosent need to be changed...he said the th350 already comes with a 7 or 10 tooth gear, and it dosent need to be changed...it dosent make a big difference.....what does make a big difference is if you dont change the one that goes on the cable becuase the ones we have on know are 9/10 or 12 tooth gears which will throw off the Autometer speed....

I will pick up 19 tooth gear tomorrow morning and hopefully get the speed cable to the guy in Downey,Ca to put that 5/8 thread on there ao i can connect my autometer gauge...

OMG!!! so much to learn....I didnt think i was going to need to do all this research, but thanks to all the peeps thats helped me out...i clearly understand what im doing know...hahahahahahahaha :rofl:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Ok so found the 19 driven tooth gear i needed at a local trans shop " Trans Mex" for $15.00...the guy there did tell me that the 17 and 19 tooth gear are the most common for th350 trannys...he did mention to me that the 7 tooth drive gear thats located on the out put shaft dosent need to be changed...he said the th350 already comes with a 7 or 10 tooth gear, and it dosent need to be changed...it dosent make a big difference.....what does make a big difference is if you dont change the one that goes on the cable becuase the ones we have on know are 9/10 or 12 tooth gears which will throw off the Autometer speed....

I will pick up 19 tooth gear tomorrow morning and hopefully get the speed cable to the guy in Downey,Ca to put that 5/8 thread on there ao i can connect my autometer gauge...

OMG!!! so much to learn....I didnt think i was going to need to do all this research, but thanks to all the peeps thats helped me out...i clearly understand what im doing know...hahahahahahahaha :rofl:
Well saint that's what it is all about learning as you go....we all were in your shoes at sometime. Keep up the good work

glad your making progress! if you look at my post thats what i was trying to explain, I just did this not too long ago and had to do all the research too, its alot to take in. You can see the one on the output shaft if you just remove where the speedo cable goes its real easy you wont drop any fluid or anything just take off one bolt on the side of the trans, and once you know how many teeth that one is, you can choose which one you need that does on the speedo post it up here and I will tell you exactly which one you need.

Just trying to help

richp85elco said:
glad your making progress! if you look at my post thats what i was trying to explain, I just did this not too long ago and had to do all the research too, its alot to take in. You can see the one on the output shaft if you just remove where the speedo cable goes its real easy you wont drop any fluid or anything just take off one bolt on the side of the trans, and once you know how many teeth that one is, you can choose which one you need that does on the speedo post it up here and I will tell you exactly which one you need.

Just trying to help

No worries brah i fell you...thanks for all your help it has been helpful :mrgreen:

What up Fam??

I removed the little screw and removed the housing where it is located on the side of transmission with the speed cable and lost about 1qt. of transmission fluid...that sh*t came out alot...i got me another quart so we should be good...lmao...

the gear that was in there was a 20 tooth gear brown in color...i called that transmissoncenter place and they said if i didnt change it to the right one i will be off by about 5 mph...yes even with one tooth...he said every tooth is about 3-5mph off...

So went to pick up the 19 tooth gear and went to SouthWest Speeometer in Downey,Ca and they did the job for me by putting a 5/8 screw on tip for me $10.00...Im ready to install know and it wont be untill Saturday morning, super busy the rest of the week.....but im glad that i got what i needed and once again thanks to you guys gfor helping me out....
Will test it out Saturday when its done and drive it around while me and my boy look for yard sales....we love them yard sales...lmao :rofl:

c014ac99.jpg

71966d29.jpg

huh :? , was your transmission over filled or how did you jack it up? The ones I have taken out never dropped any fluid maybe mine was low lol my bad bro, did you see what color the one inside the trans was

richp85elco said:
huh :? , was your transmission over filled or how did you jack it up? The ones I have taken out never dropped any fluid maybe mine was low lol my bad bro, did you see what color the one inside the trans was

its jack up front the two front rims are off...maybe that pushed all the fluid to the back huh...hahahahaha :rofl:

The brown one to the right was in the transmission....thats the 20 tooth gear....the one on the left is the 19 gear...

Are you talking about the one that goes on the out put shaft located in the back of transmission where the drive shaft is...if so im not going to change that one out...im going to try the 19 tooth gear first thats connected to the speed cable.and see whats up...im pretty sure it will be all good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor