1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

So my bro in law is a mechanic and does work on VolksWagen bugs old school...and i guess some cat owed him cash from time to time, and my bro in law remembered that i wanted to put headers in elko....so he picked these up for that guy that owes him cash and hooked me up with them for FREE...SWEET!!!!... So i get home pop the hood and try to see if they going to fit, but it looks like are not going to fit...

His homie said he had them on his 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo Aerocoupe with 350 engine, he said that these cleared with no problem....

WHAT SHOULD I DO? I really dont think they going to fit..and to top it off theres no brand on them....should i paint them, get them atleast decent looking and sell them?

Attachments

• 2011-05-08_18-58-30_556.jpg
    2011-05-08_18-58-30_556.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 656

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
So my bro in law is a mechanic and does work on VolksWagen bugs old school...and i guess some cat owed him cash from time to time, and my bro in law remembered that i wanted to put headers in elko....so he picked these up for that guy that owes him cash and hooked me up with them for FREE...SWEET!!!!... So i get home pop the hood and try to see if they going to fit, but it looks like are not going to fit...

His homie said he had them on his 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo Aerocoupe with 350 engine, he said that these cleared with no problem....

WHAT SHOULD I DO? I really dont think they going to fit..and to top it off theres no brand on them....should i paint them, get them atleast decent looking and sell them?
keep em they shud fit wit no problems if they were in a monte aerocoupe... have them ceramic coated and put em in ur car!!

kuruption109 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

keep em they shud fit wit no problems if they were in a monte aerocoupe... have them ceramic coated and put em in ur car!!
Ok ok kool.....but am i going to need to pull motor to fit them? Or should they just bolt on......am i going to need to runn new exhaust lines?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
kuruption109 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

Ok ok kool.....but am i going to need to pull motor to fit them? Or should they just bolt on......am i going to need to runn new exhaust lines?
u will need to have ur exhaust redone(good thing) and no u ddont have to pull motor

Aight kool, looking at my exhaust i think i will just need to clear the end of header where the collectors go....about a cpl inchs....so once they on i will just drive to the muffler shop and get it done...its going to be load as hell till i get there, but oh well....

Thanks kris.....holla!!!! Lol

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Aight kool, looking at my exhaust i think i will just need to clear the end of header where the collectors go....about a cpl inchs....so once they on i will just drive to the muffler shop and get it done...its going to be load as hell till i get there, but oh well....

Thanks kris.....holla!!!! Lol
have the exhaust shop put headers on cuz u dont wanna get pulled over

the headers look just like the one i just put in my 79 cutlass with a 350 a week ago i dident think thay would fit and mo name anywhere on them but i gave it a shot in after a few hours i got them in had to lift the motor and trans as high as i could get them and take the motor mounts starter in oil filter off the motor the pass side went in form the top side and the drivers side form under it when u bering the motor back down go slow and move the headers as needed so the motor dont sit on them and ull be fine

Ya, thats what im worried about, having to lift motor to get them in.....i will see if im going to keep them,,,

I totally forgot to post a pic of sticker......here it is official 80ZBABIEZCC

Attachments

• 2011-05-09_08-46-04_237.jpg
    2011-05-09_08-46-04_237.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 712
  • 2011-05-09_08-46-50_398.jpg
    2011-05-09_08-46-50_398.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 704

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
I totally forgot to post a pic of sticker......here it is official 80ZBABIEZCC
lookin good (we gotta get a bigger one for u tho :rofl: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor