1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Thanks guys for all the info, as u can see i never had header on a car before, but after going to all these car shows and seen about everyone with them, i kinda feel left out...lmao.....just want to be on my game, feel me....Pollo hit me up..

84elko said:
Headers don't win trophies having a clean engine bay and detailed will.

DIng DING DING!!!! So true. And Saint...Shouldnt you be more worried about getting an overflow tank more so than some headers? And getting that center link and front suspension looked at?? HMmmmm??? Just a thought bruh.. :wink:

Elco Warren 8)

OkOk!! :( :(

You guys are so true....see i love GBF cuase sometimes i just need to be put in my place!!!!!

On my way know to pick up over flow tank in city of industry...be right back with pics....

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
OkOk!! :( :(

You guys are so true....see i love GBF cuase sometimes i just need to be put in my place!!!!!

On my way know to pick up over flow tank in city of industry...be right back with pics....
:mrgreen: yes get the important stuff first then cosmetics

84elko said:
well not putting anyone in any place just speaking from experiance is all.

I Know I know....lmao....j/k j/k j/k

Got my polished radiator over flow tank that Elko Warren told me about, Picked it up in City Of Industry from APS-RACING..$23.00

I tried to find a good spot for it, It didnt fit near the radiator like on the side...I tried every where and put it on the Fan Shroud....I made sure it cleared all area and fan....Also applied a chrome steel braided line with chrome caps...

Looks great!!!!

Attachments

• tank1.jpeg
    tank1.jpeg
    630.9 KB · Views: 572
  • Unknown[1].jpeg
    Unknown[1].jpeg
    651.9 KB · Views: 582
  • 2011-05-11_09-43-07_190[1].jpg
    2011-05-11_09-43-07_190[1].jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 598

Heres one more pic....

Also when I went to start the car, There was a bad cranking sound, I thought it was the fan hitting the screw where i mounted the over flow tank.(but it wasent hitting)...i had the wifey come out and crank her over for me...Like i said the overflow tank clears very very good no hitting....

So I found and followed the bad cranking noise when starting and it was coming from the Starter!!!...everytime it got cranked over it sparked alittle....So i made sure everything was tighten down smoothly and made sure nothing was touching or loose, but still sparked alittle....

After a cpl more cranks the noise went away and the spark...I will try again in the morning to see if its still doing it

Whats going on? bad starter?

Attachments

• tank.jpeg
    tank.jpeg
    662.1 KB · Views: 594

84elko said:
starter could be going bad anythign is possible get a high tourque unit if it is bad. but the rad tube looks sweet!

Yeah thats what I thought it woudl be going bad....I tried a High torque starter one time and it didnt want to turn the elko over thats why i went back to the old stock starter...But I will look into one....do u have one>? model number ? brand? if ok with u.

Big Saint

84elko said:
no i dont have one in this car yet as i have a heavy duty gm unit in my 84 but i had one in my old 83 and it was from these guys

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?category=47

I have my current alternator from them and it is a great unit.

Ok kool, not to bad on price....thanks alot

If your starter survives for a little longer, within the next couple of weeks I should be getting my motor in and test fit the full length headers I bought. If they dont clear the starter you might have one coming your way. It was the stock starter that I had rebuilt, i used it like for two weeks with very little starts before I put the elco down so its still like brand new. I'll keep you informed if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor