1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

84ElCamino said:
Much Props to Big Saint for reppin 80z babiez at the run. He did it well. Super Clean Elco and Warren taking trophys without even having to be there. That is super tight. We all had a good time. There was no drama and everyone was respectful of each other. G-Body Nation C.C. took the the trophy for biggest car club participation with 9 cars and we were missing 6 cars. Like Warren said we are all a G BODY NATION Fam. We need to do these get togethers more often. With that said I am planning an event of our own. G Body Summerfest hosted by G-Body Nation C.C. for 7/15. I'm working out the details with the park and will make it official once that goes thru.
SWEEEEET well keep us posted on that any pics or footage of the show?

I have some footage that I will upload. Did not get pics because I forgot my battery for my SLR on the charger. I was not pleased with that trust me.

Yeah I want to see the footage.....I know u got some good shots of everyones cars.....keep us posted.

O' we,thats whats up looks like yall had a good time caught a few ytube vids .Congradulations to 80z babiez yall doing yall thang thats whats up and elco warren for catchin a trophy and not even being there.

Finally got both outer tie rod ends from Pep Boys, I think pep boys is a very good place to get car parts and they almost have everthing you need....

So I installed them today in the morning Rain or Shine!!!! Pretty easy to do!!!!I didnt notice how bad they were and what could of happened to me if they both would of fell off....my driver side tie rod end was so loose that i took off the crown nut with my fingers no tools.... :blam:

I counted the threads on the tie rod when i installed them and tried to get it back to its normal length and I think i got it.....this weekend i will go get and alignment just to be safe....I made sure all bolts were tied down tightly and made sure I counted all the cotter pins....I feel safe know that I installed these new tie rod ends....Inow I know why project elko was wobbling side to side from here to there....I alway thought it was my swwway bar loose, but it wasent....Dayum tie rods...

I should have listen to the big dogs about the suspension.... :roll: :wink: :oops: :cry:

Attachments

• tie.jpeg
    tie.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 561
  • 2011-05-18_09-54-04_773[1].jpg
    2011-05-18_09-54-04_773[1].jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 555
  • 2011-05-18_09-53-47_558[1].jpg
    2011-05-18_09-53-47_558[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 574

84elko said:
good job man i would check the rest of the front end while your at it cause the idler arm will wear out faster with bigger tires as well.

Thanks, And yes I cked every thing out up front ....i was up front cleaning and scrubing the front up, had alot of dirt and grease....Might paint this weekend on day off.....I also made sure that all bolts that needed cotter pins were there....tightened up all bolts just to be safe, so far I know its old, but dosent look bad....

good sh*t saint..yea man once u change the tie rods u might as well do everything else and since its not ur ddaily i wud highly recommend DOIN IT ASAP since u bee goin to the shows!! plus dats one of the first things US 80zbabiez do hahahah is the front suspension but yea glad u took ca of that prob..keep us updated...i need to do mine jus hard cuz my car is my only transportation @ the moment..

84elko said:
good deal well just want to be sure your safe man cause we dont need you messing up that ride! or yourself

Good looking out brah, thanks

YESSIR!!!! Man o man! Im glad you tackled this. Like said earlier, check all the other "castlenuts" for pins. IIRC I believe there's like 8 pins. If you cant get to the rest of the suspension (as far as new bushings and stuff) Thats cool. Just check on the upper/lower ball joints and centerlink to make sure the pins are in place. That way you'll be safe while you stack front end parts and research how to do it. Of course I'll be thru to help. It doesnt take long to do at all. When you said you could push the wheels side to side when the front was raised, I said check those tie rods and center link. But man you got it handled now. Its a dirty job, but you gotta do it. These cars have been beat to death for over 20 years. And you never know what the last owner(s) tried to replace or if they mickey moused stuff together. Keep up the Sweet *ss work bruh!!

Elco Warren 8)

kuruption109 said:
good sh*t saint..yea man once u change the tie rods u might as well do everything else and since its not ur ddaily i wud highly recommend DOIN IT ASAP since u bee goin to the shows!! plus dats one of the first things US 80zbabiez do hahahah is the front suspension but yea glad u took ca of that prob..keep us updated...i need to do mine jus hard cuz my car is my only transportation @ the moment..

I know I know, Soon I will change everything up front...I need to stack some funds up first..all my shoe boxes are empty with no cash!!!! lmao.....you know how it is brah....Welll as long this is taken car of at the moment and cked everything out Im kool for know....just might buy one or two things every pay check...we will see.....

Oh and get a bucket brah, so u can get started on THA RUNT!!!! 80zbabiez!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor