1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
YESSIR!!!! Man o man! Im glad you tackled this. Like said earlier, check all the other "castlenuts" for pins. IIRC I believe there's like 8 pins. If you cant get to the rest of the suspension (as far as new bushings and stuff) Thats cool. Just check on the upper/lower ball joints and centerlink to make sure the pins are in place. That way you'll be safe while you stack front end parts and research how to do it. Of course I'll be thru to help. It doesnt take long to do at all. When you said you could push the wheels side to side when the front was raised, I said check those tie rods and center link. But man you got it handled now. Its a dirty job, but you gotta do it. These cars have been beat to death for over 20 years. And you never know what the last owner(s) tried to replace or if they mickey moused stuff together. Keep up the Sweet *ss work bruh!!

Elco Warren 8)

Oh yeah brah, checked everything thing out, from crown nuts and cotter pins...i even made sure all bolts were tight not loose like the driver side tie rod...lol...This scared the sh*t out of me on the freeway, and dont want it to happen again!! for sure Im going to be doing the front suspension now, I thought I could let it slide for a min....hahahaha...Just need to stack some funds for a good min before I work on the front suspension, but i think im ok for know changing the tie rods...

Thanks for the look out...

Big Saint
80zbabiez CC

Good you got them tie rods fixed and glad the situation was fixed for yyou hurt you or that good lookin car,and it should be a reminder to everyone else check that front end out like Warren said these cars are old and what you dont see is more inportant than waht you do.Checked mine after I seen your post and I got some play down there so Its on my todo list before my baby hits the road again.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Good you got them tie rods fixed and glad the situation was fixed for yyou hurt you or that good lookin car,and it should be a reminder to everyone else check that front end out like Warren said these cars are old and what you dont see is more inportant than waht you do.Checked mine after I seen your post and I got some play down there so Its on my todo list before my baby hits the road again.

YESSIR!!..check her out brah....its so scary when sh*t goes down....About the delete plate i seen in other thread...im so broke its not even a joke brah....lol....if not i would of jumped on it for you....i get paid next friday too....if i come up on some cash soon i will get it for you...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:

YESSIR!!..check her out brah....its so scary when sh*t goes down....About the delete plate i seen in other thread...im so broke its not even a joke brah....lol....if not i would of jumped on it for you....i get paid next friday too....if i come up on some cash soon i will get it for you...
Tru...I feel you on that cash money be short ,I done cut out ciggs,slowed up on tha trees,stop buying clothes and hittin up the clubs to get this build done ,my pitbulls even gettin skinny :rofl: every body gotta sacrifice,Im trippin, be easy man...

Dam Saint glad your elco wasn't damaged and you got those tierods installed... I'm glad im handling the front end on mine first now. I remember when cruising in it before i swear from like 9-3 o'clock I had absolutely no steering lol thats why i replaced everything, and got a new steering box and a jeep steering shaft. about the starter, it clears the headers so i am going to try and run it until I can by a mini one.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Tru...I feel you on that cash money be short ,I done cut out ciggs,slowed up on tha trees,stop buying clothes and hittin up the clubs to get this build done ,my pitbulls even gettin skinny :rofl: every body gotta sacrifice,Im trippin, be easy man...

x3 my lady said I need new clothes and shoes, i told her I'm not spending a dime on anything else for me until that my elco is running 8)

No worries brah, My starter was just loose, lmao :rofl: , its turning over just fine....thanks tho...

Can n e one recommend a good cam shaft to put in my elko 305 engine..?

Just curious what they run, and how easy it is to install?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

youtube it!!

kuruption109 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

youtube it!!

I did, but there are so many, just wondering if n e one would know of a good cam that will fit my application....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor