1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Take it back!!! H pipe will deepin the exhaust note a lil bit. What mufflers are you running again??

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Take it back!!! H pipe will deepin the exhaust note a lil bit. What mufflers are you running again??

Elco Warren 8)

40SERIES FLOWMASTER....I will take a pic of the exhaust setup to see what i got....

OK OK!!!! So all day being messing with elko outside...i took to transmission shop and they fixed the problem, was the linkage hitting on the headers and it wasent letting me put into park. got that fixed...

Stereo still f*cking turning off on me!!! dayum!!! took it back to the homies shop, homie since high school, he went to some college in montana for electric school...but he SUCKS!!! lol that suck im putting my homie on blast...hes kool!!!!
I said f-it and drove around, next thing I hear weird noise where the dash speakers rattling and making poping sound...SO I POPPED THEM!!!....lmao...

I went to best buys and picked up some kenwood speakers for the kicker panels... I started cutting holes to fit and (Bammmmm) sounds much better and clearer!!!!! And I think i found out why the stereo was truing off..the driver side dash speaker was only connected wire to wire, not with clips or u know what i mean....so when i put those two dash wires together the radio turned off!!!!!! (F*CK SHOPS) I had to do it all myself!!!...

Oh and forgot to mention i had 3 medium holes in exhaust pipes from the previous owner......lmao...thats why it was so raspy...sounds better!!!!

sorry for typing so much......I just took care of alot of stuff today...too much to mention.

Attachments

• kenwood speaker.jpeg
    kenwood speaker.jpeg
    830.7 KB · Views: 760
  • kenwood.jpeg
    kenwood.jpeg
    712.8 KB · Views: 760
  • 2011-06-18_21-32-48_804.jpg
    2011-06-18_21-32-48_804.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 729

Lookin sweet bruh! Hows the system actin now? Anymore shut off probs? F*CK SHOPS eh? Hmmm.. Now where have I heard this before. LOL! Keep the updates comin. Vid time!!!

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Lookin sweet bruh! Hows the system actin now? Anymore shut off probs? F*CK SHOPS eh? Hmmm.. Now where have I heard this before. LOL! Keep the updates comin. Vid time!!!

Elco Warren 8)

Yeah we def need some vid footage of your ride. Warren and i will have u all over YouTube after the car show next month. We gonna make u a star :rofl: Warren gets stopped all the time for autographs when he is out in public

Bumpin1ohmSS said:

Elco Warren 8)

LoL....thanks for cking in....well as of right know system sounds good and no shut offs....after i changed out those wack dash speakers....everything is working nice....

melman109 said:
Bumpin1ohmSS said:

Elco Warren 8)

Yeah we def need some vid footage of your ride. Warren and i will have u all over YouTube after the car show next month. We gonna make u a star :rofl: Warren gets stopped all the time for autographs when he is out in public

Hahahahahahaha me a star.....no way!!! Its finally coming true...me a star....hope TMZ wont be there to take footage,cause u know us stars need our space!!!! Just kidding......lmao.....j/k.....wow now im getting nervous, hope u all will like project elko....i have vids on my phone but dosent let me send text...says file to big...but i do edit them...idk what im doing wrong....maybe need to use my home camera...

Saint thinks you playin bruh. Thats real talk right there. We are all over the net. Soon as you say Brown Sug, Tha Runt or Blue Carpet Treatment, peeps know wassup. LOL. Ok. I got some work done..

Hit the whole well with 60-80 grit paper to scuff it up nice...Gotta do this so the epoxy has something to bite onto

5855753907_4e0dfc4db1_b.jpg

5856309652_e1c3d5c156_b.jpg

5856312020_7c47f2dcc8_b.jpg

After scuffing the holes up and underneath, cleaned with acetone and taped the holes off..

5856317706_b2774a2cbc_b.jpg

Then mixed the epoxy and hardener and poured it..

5855766931_a3c46c6868_b.jpg

5855769315_8d44d13947_b.jpg

5855777411_f48dc6f228_b.jpg

Passenger side well is at this point also. I had to use a "cheese grater" to knock this area down smooth. Right tool makes the job easy...Gonna let the epoxy dry til Wed and then start knockin it areas down. Pretty much down hill from here..Next set Imma try a different epoxt. This stuffs too runny... Stay tuned Saint. Wont be long now. Im editing a vid and should have it up later on today..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Saint thinks you playin bruh. Thats real talk right there. We are all over the net. Soon as you say Brown Sug, Tha Runt or Blue Carpet Treatment, peeps know wassup. LOL. Ok. I got some work done..

Hit the whole well with 60-80 grit paper to scuff it up nice...Gotta do this so the epoxy has something to bite onto

5855753907_4e0dfc4db1_b.jpg

5856309652_e1c3d5c156_b.jpg

5856312020_7c47f2dcc8_b.jpg

After scuffing the holes up and underneath, cleaned with acetone and taped the holes off..

5856317706_b2774a2cbc_b.jpg

Then mixed the epoxy and hardener and poured it..

5855766931_a3c46c6868_b.jpg

5855769315_8d44d13947_b.jpg

5855777411_f48dc6f228_b.jpg

Passenger side well is at this point also. I had to use a "cheese grater" to knock this area down smooth. Right tool makes the job easy...Gonna let the epoxy dry til Wed and then start knockin it areas down. Pretty much down hill from here..Next set Imma try a different epoxt. This stuffs too runny... Stay tuned Saint. Wont be long now. Im editing a vid and should have it up later on today..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Awwwwwwwwww yea!!!! Man I cant wait to see them in project elko.....U are really hookin it brah! the progress is getting there slowly but surely.....thanks alot!

Yessir. Its pretty much all downhill from here. The epoxy has dried and Im knockin it all down with the "cheese grater" thing I have. Then a lil filler, sand and then "filler primer" I let that sit for a few days as I want it to be fully dried and make sure it doesnt crack. Its a "high build" primer made to fill in any imperfections from sanding or low spots where I filled the holes. You will be more than satisfied with the outcome bruh. TRUST that...Ill have pics up later this eve. Here's a long *ss vid for you to enjoy.

Popcorn time..Day two of the work I put in. Im doin this so you see what all goes into it bruh..And all the time to edit the vid for you :wink:

[youtube]bBELngg58v0[/youtube]

:popcorn:

Ya lil homie..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor