1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Got some more dne fam..Got the other well sanded up and primed with the filler primer. Layed so damn nice! I had a lil bit of the undercoating. Scuffed the bottoms with 80 grit so the coating would have something to bite into...But I still need another can bruh...

5890747506_fd1795be56_b.jpg

5890180419_a7fa5341c3_b.jpg

Got the other well sanded and in the first primer stage. Layed so smooth and creamy!!

5890749488_9885685ee8_b.jpg

You wont even see this part but its comin together nicely

5890753484_e01d23ba40_b.jpg

5890754668_f694482e30_b.jpg

5890756108_d75d6d7011_b.jpg

Lettin the primer dry on one well and the undercoating dry on the other. The undercoating should be dry when I wake up and I can clean the top and shoot the second can of filler primer. They should be ready for sanding when I get back from Az..

Elco Warren 8)

:respect:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

we going to need a drink once this is done!!! hahahaha :friday:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

Yessir!!! The passenger side I just sprayed with the first can of filler primer is drying up nicely. I have it out in the sun right now. The undercoat on the other well is dried and looks good! Im about to clean that well up from the dry sanding I did earlier this week and shoot another coat of filler primer. Let both of them dry up over the weekend and they will be ready for dry sand/wet sand when I get back from AZ. I cant wait to get the wells Mel is giving me for the SS. Starting those asap!! :mrgreen:

ElcOCD Warren :twisted:

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

Yessir!!! The passenger side I just sprayed with the first can of filler primer is drying up nicely. I have it out in the sun right now. The undercoat on the other well is dried and looks good! Im about to clean that well up from the dry sanding I did earlier this week and shoot another coat of filler primer. Let both of them dry up over the weekend and they will be ready for dry sand/wet sand when I get back from AZ. I cant wait to get the wells Mel is giving me for the SS. Starting those asap!! :mrgreen:

ElcOCD Warren :twisted:

Nice work, cant wait to come see the progress.!!! :mrgreen:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
One question, when u give the elko gas the oil pressure needle goes up the back to its normal pressure...is that normal ( becuase when u give it gas you giving it pressure?)
thanks
Big Saint
Incase no one answered you, yes when you increase the RPMs the oil pressure will (should) increase along with the speed of the engine. The engine is spinning faster and therefore throwing around more oil (thats the way I think of it :oops: ) Nice find on the tach BTW!

-83MONTESS- said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
One question, when u give the elko gas the oil pressure needle goes up the back to its normal pressure...is that normal ( becuase when u give it gas you giving it pressure?)
thanks
Big Saint
Incase no one answered you, yes when you increase the RPMs the oil pressure will (should) increase along with the speed of the engine. The engine is spinning faster and therefore throwing around more oil (thats the way I think of it :oops: ) Nice find on the tach BTW!

Thanks Buddy....i kinda figured that...lol....keep u eyes in this thread..

So i didnt like the tube and filter poping out the side of the valve cover, went to pepboys and pick-up this "L" shape fuel line....Of course had problems.....leaking where the gauge is, took off gauge and put original bolt and still leak from same area...I did notice when i was putting the gauge it threaded the inside thread...Im thinking thats what made it leak...this is my 2nd one i went to go exchange and didnt notice the threading until i got the 2nd one....i will go back take the gauge and just slightly put the bolt on ...i dont think i should be putting that much pressure...hopefully it will work...

But does n e one know where i can get a single fuel line...i mean a good one!! that dosent leak...seems like every time i tighten down on the bolt that goes were the gauge goes it thread inside...

maybe summit racing?

Attachments

• FUEL.jpg
    FUEL.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 709

I have a summit brand line/gauge combo and it works sweet! Got a dual feed setup on the SS and a single on the old carb. Did you use tape on the threads or some thread sealer? Fuel is thin and will find a way out..

Elco Warren.

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
I have a summit brand line/gauge combo and it works sweet! Got a dual feed setup on the SS and a single on the old carb. Did you use tape on the threads or some thread sealer? Fuel is thin and will find a way out..

Elco Warren.

Yea i did use tape....but nope! still got out...going to autozone tomorrow morning to get another one...and this time will put loktight and some tape...if that dosent work...can i get a good single line from summit?

Hold up..Is that a "Mr Gasget" gauge? Take the whole thing back bruh. Ive had nothing but probs years back with those products. Everything from chrome trim to parts like this. Never worked for me...

AZ bound....I will be hittin AZ every weekend to work on the my Elco. I'll be home the weekend of the Gbody naton show. Roll thru that saturday (7/15) to get your wells....

Elco Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor