1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

No prob bruh. I tested that paint. Its high gloss. I just threw the satin cap on it... But now you have the code for the satin. The wells still need to be dry sanded up to 600 and then wet up to 2000. This is just the block sanding stage to make sure the low spots are leveled out...All over it fam!!

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
No prob bruh. I tested that paint. Its high gloss. I just threw the satin cap on it... But now you have the code for the satin. The wells still need to be dry sanded up to 600 and then wet up to 2000. This is just the block sanding stage to make sure the low spots are leveled out...All over it fam!!

Elco Warren 8)

Oh I know u all over it brah....they look real good .....u cant even tell there were holes...so excited, cant wait to see the finish product...

Got the console painted and layed down real good...used Rust-oleum (fabric and vinyl) satin black...and looks reallllll good......very happy with the way it looks....know just waiting for shifter delete plate and new console lid custom made......hope it will get here before gbody run.....we will see...

I was going to go with the SEM Satin Black, but dayum those cans are hard to find and get...u can get Cra*k faster then u can find these SEM cans....lmao

Attachments

• 2011-07-04_17-04-40_775.jpg
    2011-07-04_17-04-40_775.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 710
  • 2011-07-04_17-04-29_645.jpg
    2011-07-04_17-04-29_645.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 686

Hope you prepped it good fam. Did you use that adhesion promoter? That will aid in helping it adhere. Rustolium interior spray sucks *ss! Looks good at first, but after some "wear and tear" it will break down. Start looking for some SEM fam for later. Looks clean tho.... Let that sit out in the sun for a few days and really bake on...Seriously...Let it sit out for a few days bruh. HAHA! I know you want it in but the show is a lil ways away. Just let it sit out for some time and then drop it in....

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Hope you prepped it good fam. Did you use that adhesion promoter? That will aid in helping it adhere. Rustolium interior spray sucks *ss! Looks good at first, but after some "wear and tear" it will break down. Start looking for some SEM fam for later. Looks clean tho.... Let that sit out in the sun for a few days and really bake on...Seriously...Let it sit out for a few days bruh. HAHA! I know you want it in but the show is a lil ways away. Just let it sit out for some time and then drop it in....

Elco Warren 8)
X2... CUZ THE SEM IS BEST

it will work for now bruh. After the show, you can strip that off and hit it with some SEM. I can get a can for you from USAVMOR paint supply in the Dino. Its $12 per can... The Rusotium has a chemical scent to it so you most def wanna let it sit out so the interior doesnt have that scent....

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:

Elco Warren 8)

oh fasho, its out side know baking....then to the hot *ss garage to bake some more...Pollo gave me this address to some cat that has SEM spray paint all day and all colors....down the street from here....maybe pick up a can tomorrow...

Sweet! Man Ive been using SEM paints since 2001 and love it! Ive never had any fading issues or lifting issues with SEM. But like I said..With any paint/dye its all about the prep of the part, and taking your time while spraying it...Roll with what you have for now and step it up with some SEM later....

Did a lil more sanding today on the wells. I have some personal stuff to deal with this week so I wont be doin much on em. Then Im hittin AZ this weekend to work on the Elco. I'll be back on em Monday when I get back to Cali. My goal is to have em ready for you by Saturday July 16 so you can install em and floss at the run... :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)

My goal is to have em ready for you by Saturday July 16 so you can install em and floss at the run... :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Sweet! Man Ive been using SEM paints since 2001 and love it! Ive never had any fading issues or lifting issues with SEM. But like I said..With any paint/dye its all about the prep of the part, and taking your time while spraying it...Roll with what you have for now and step it up with some SEM later....

Did a lil more sanding today on the wells. I have some personal stuff to deal with this week so I wont be doin much on em. Then Im hittin AZ this weekend to work on the Elco. I'll be back on em Monday when I get back to Cali. My goal is to have em ready for you by Saturday July 16 so you can install em and floss at the run... :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)

Nice!!!, Yeah got the SEM spray can...Maybe after the show will re-paint it....but for know its looking good...thanks guys, and thanks kris for the console..

Also ordered that console lid ( spoke with John) real kool cat, he told me that he had a temple ready to get done and that he will send it right away, before the run....hope its gets here in time....we will see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor