1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
85gbody said:
congratz on the trophy bruh! didnt get to check out the bay in person tho :x
coming up tho! keep up the work. congratz once again

Thanks brah, Yea the punk *ss cops wouldnt let us pop our hoods, that suck balls!!! And they didnt let n e one drink...Well my beer sleeve came along at a good time for me...lmao :rofl:
next time break bread with yer peoples, i was thirstier than the devil...

Ok so Project elko DOWN!! i started working on the water pump and pulleys this morning....I took off the fan shroud, disconnected lower water hose/ alternator/fan/brackets/bolts and screws/belts...water pump came off pretty easy...heres some pics.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 1,075
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    635.2 KB · Views: 1,061

Ok so got the crank and water pump pulley on just as a mach up. bolts are not tighten and belts are no on properly....all i need is a power steering puller to puller the pulley and install the new power sterring pully..hopefully I can get in contact with my homie Rick that had that tool I need...Thats the only thing thats holding me back...we will see, i will keep u posted! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    642.5 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    617.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    671.5 KB · Views: 1,067

Lookin sweet bruh!! Man PLEASE tell me thats a new water pump!! LOL! I must have missed an earlier post. I thought I read that your old one was knocking or something. Working on the wells now. I didnt like the finish so I'm re-sanding. I saw something that would have came thru. Not enough light in the shop to wet sand after work. I'll keep you posted bruh...

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Lookin sweet bruh!! Man PLEASE tell me thats a new water pump!! LOL! I must have missed an earlier post. I thought I read that your old one was knocking or something. Working on the wells now. I didnt like the finish so I'm re-sanding. I saw something that would have came thru. Not enough light in the shop to wet sand after work. I'll keep you posted bruh...

Elco Warren 8)

LoL...Yea its a new water pump....hahahaha....got the power steering pulley puller tool and installer, when i get home im going to take off and put the new one on and try to get everything put back on...will post updates

Cool!! The finish on the water pump looked clean so I figured it was a new one. Man you doin it bruh!! I love seeing your thread and updates. I go back to the beginning when you didnt know much. Look at you now!! Shiz! imma swang the BCT out your way for some "wrench time with Big Saint" Keep up the awesome work bruh! Lookin clean as hell! Im bout to spray a well right now. I usually spray after work but its nice and warm now....Hope to get some pics before I head in....

Elco Warren 8)

Looking good bro..now put down the tall can and finish it off :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHAHA!! You know Saint keeps a beer sleeve on deck!! Got some action. Now bruh you gotta remember this is all home grown. Im not a pro so there's gonna be some lil things here and there. But overall it will give the bay that extra touch. I got a few runs here and there. I get em in the same spots everytime cuz of the angles. Now if i knew how to cut and buff, i could fix a run and keep it moving... Most of the runs will be hidden cuz of where they are located. Im hoping the heat will smooth em out...Thats what you get from Rustolium. It sputters out and then I gotta lay another coat....

This is the drivers side. The rear had a run but its down low in the well behind the window wiper motor area. So thats all good..

5962098783_c730059997_b.jpg

5962097475_5e61a1272e_b.jpg

5962648692_fba9423a5b_b.jpg

Couple runs bruh. This Rustolium sputters out and then its all bad. LOL! Spray to correct=more paint and run stars. But still looks sweet..

5962649788_22749a733a_z.jpg

If I knew how to cut and buff, then runs wouldnt stand a chance bruh. But the labors free so there ya go! Pretty sure you will love em...Imma have the passenger side done. That one usually comes out sweet cuz there's no weird angles. Imma use 3 different cans. When I get about 1/4 of the way thru one can i'll switch to a new can. Also Imma leave the cans out in the sun for an 1 or so. That might control the "fogging", overspray and sputtering. Hope you like!

More pics here..scroll over and click photo for more pics

Elco "Homegrown" Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor