1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

melman109 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Hey Saint wanna trade? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: looks real nice Dr. Warren. Still waiting on you to sign mine

Hell nnah....u got your already....lmao.lmao....j/k...

But u know what sucks my drive way where i park project elko has alot of ducst, so everytime i turn it on, dust hits that engine bay...how am i going to keep them wells clean? polish?

ok ok so im still in shock from those wheel wells....

So i ordered the wrong power steering pulley...sh*t!!! I got the turn key pulley instead of the push on pulley...so there i go to Team C Performance...And ended up paying for a Aluminum 2 groove Power steering pulley..$59.99 (OUCH)!!!!

N E WAYS!..i got it and the pulley went on smoothly ,but the power steering pulley was giving me a hard time, belt was super loose, i had to loosen all the screws on power steering and pulllllllllll and got it......but i actually like the look of those aluminum pulleys....very nice...

everything is connected and works great...ck out the pics....sorry for the cell phone pics...but looks way better in person!!!trust me when i say that....and them wheel well are just going to make it pop even more....thanks again big homie WARREN...

Attachments

• pulley2.jpeg
    pulley2.jpeg
    695.2 KB · Views: 648
  • 2011-07-21_18-44-01_157[1].jpg
    2011-07-21_18-44-01_157[1].jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 650

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

So i ordered the wrong power steering pulley...sh*t!!! I got the turn key pulley instead of the push on pulley...so there i go to Team C Performance...And ended up paying for a Aluminum 2 groove Power steering pulley..$59.99 (OUCH)!!!!

N E WAYS!..i got it and the pulley went on smoothly and i actually like the look of those aluminum pulleys....very nice...

everything is connected and works great...ck out the pics....sorry for the cell phone pics...but looks way better in person!!!trust me when i say that....and them wheel well are just going to make it pop even more....thanks again big homie WARREN...
:shock: :shock: lookin good BRO!

kuruption109 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

N E WAYS!..i got it and the pulley went on smoothly and i actually like the look of those aluminum pulleys....very nice...

:shock: :shock: lookin good BRO!

Thanks..too bad u got to work this weekend...i know u want to hustle on tha runt.. :(

Dave V said:
It looks real good wait to you put them wells in puts my ride to shame. Warren I'm waiting on you lol

LOL... ahhh nah ur elko beats us all....nice mods again....ok ok well it will look good tho....lol...thanks dave

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave V said:
It looks real good wait to you put them wells in puts my ride to shame. Warren I'm waiting on you lol

LOL... ahhh nah ur elko beats us all....nice mods again....ok ok well it will look good tho....lol...thanks dave

yeah i got mods and i win where i go but but your bay is getting slick.....and shiney mine is nice but yours is much cleaner due to you removing the ac stuff etc...

So tested the pulley yesterday and everything ran smooth..but when i got to a cruise night at so-low burgers with some buddys right when i pulled in my power steering was super hard..i couldnt even park...pulleys are same size as old, i made sure of that, belts are brand new and same size...the belt did look alittle loose and we tighten it, turns ok but still jumpy...

When i left and i was driving it felts real good, i could turn my wheel perfect...when i put in park and turn the wheel it was hard and jumpy and u can see the belt jump alittle like it need more support...(power steering brackets)

When i did install the headers i had to remove a bracket that i thnk use to hold the alternator on the drivers side, but my alternator is on the passanger side...n e ways i took it off and power steering worked good before this pulley change...

I found the bracket, and i think it needs to be installed to tighten more of the power steering pump/brackets so that i think i wont get the jumpy turning feeling at parked...but i need to cut about 3" on one side where it hits the headers, thats why i think i never put it back on becuase it was hitting header...if that dosent work, do u think i need a new power steering pump?

if it anit one thing its another....lmao :rofl:

Damn!! Any luck with the pulley setup bruh? Ok. I worked on the wells today. Man after all the prep work and getting the finish how I want it before paint, the new cans of Rustolium were terrible. Paint would not spray out right. And it wouldnt lay right. I redid the driver side one also cuz of the runs, it turned out ok. The passenger side gave me hell. Paint has been stripped back down and I will work on it after I get off. The other well is out drying..Im gonna change the paint up when I do skips. Rustolium just isnt reliable as far as the splatter, mist and paint goes. Its different from can to can. After all this work I wish I would have just left the other well alone. LOL! I'm back to where I started...I'll have it sanded and ready for paint tomorrow...

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Damn!! Any luck with the pulley setup bruh? Ok. I worked on the wells today. Man after all the prep work and getting the finish how I want it before paint, the new cans of Rustolium were terrible. Paint would not spray out right. And it wouldnt lay right. I redid the driver side one also cuz of the runs, it turned out ok. The passenger side gave me hell. Paint has been stripped back down and I will work on it after I get off. The other well is out drying..Im gonna change the paint up when I do skips. Rustolium just isnt reliable as far as the splatter, mist and paint goes. Its different from can to can. After all this work I wish I would have just left the other well alone. LOL! I'm back to where I started...I'll have it sanded and ready for paint tomorrow...

Elco Warren 8)

Thanks for checking in brah...Well as far as the pulley set up. I went ahead and took off the power steering pump/brackets today in the morning and going to replace it with a new one,( might as well) got the bracket that I needed cut and went to Smith Fastner and got the bolts and nuts i needed for bracket today in morning as well b 4 work!!...also got a $15.00 off at pepboys, so will probley get pump on weekend, it's just been krazy here at work... my next day off is Aug, 5 2011...lmoa... :blam: ......so probley get it installed on that day, and as for right know, clean prep and paint the brackets..

will keep u guys updated....

Big Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor