1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

saint man your ride is sick wit it fam. it was real nice meeting you at the gbody run. to bad your working this weekend im driving back down again.

youngdeezy said:
saint man your ride is sick wit it fam. it was real nice meeting you at the gbody run. to bad your working this weekend im driving back down again.

Might stop by for lunch....see u there....lol

Ok so got new pump, belts, and hoses, rented the pulley puller again and got to work on my day off...wifey was mad, but what the hay!!! :mrgreen:

So took off brackets, painted them and installed ever thing back to were it goes...also installed the bracket that was cut to fit...

I pulled and tightened every bolt and pulled that dayum pump as hard as i could, bleed the lines, turning the wheel left to right with the elko off and then on....

Belt still loose, steering feels smoother, but when the wheel is turned all the way to the left or right, pulley stops turning form time to time causing it to make a noise, like if the bele needs to be even supper tighter so that it can grab that pulley and turn it with no problems.

I going to wait for a buddy of mine to get off work, hes going to bring a crow bar and we aint going to play any games...we going to tighten it up good so that i wont have this problem.u can tell that there is more room to make it tighter..hopefully that take car of the problem which i think it will...when i was at cruise night and it happened, i had help tighten it and seem to work just abit better...will keep u posted. :blam:

The good thing was UPS broght me my dash insert bowtie ( thanks Jon)...completes my interior...

Attachments

• dash bowtie.jpeg
    dash bowtie.jpeg
    609.3 KB · Views: 666
  • new pump.jpeg
    new pump.jpeg
    675.9 KB · Views: 667
  • 2011-07-28_14-07-07_893[1].jpg
    2011-07-28_14-07-07_893[1].jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 670

8) man that looks Hot!!!!!

niiice

Looking really good I finally got to see it in person and it look good.. good work. 8)

hecx78malibu said:
Looking really good I finally got to see it in person and it look good.. good work. 8)

Thanks brah...good looking... :mrgreen:

Update:

So buddy of mine brought his long screw drivers as a set...AND PUT A HOLE IN THE POWER STEERING PUMP!!!
Can this day get any worse! We went back to Autozone, and they were so kool gave me another one on warrenty and got another belt...

So long misson again, unbolting and made a mess all over the place....We got back from autozone and hooked everything up got the long screw drivers again and went at it, but this time we took our time and found a place were we can tighten the power steering pump....

HURRAYYYYYYY we got it!!!, its super tight and no leaks and no sounds when turning all the way to left and right....

glad its over with, know just waiting to see whats next, these gbodys never end!!!lol :rofl:

yea sometimes a pain in the *ss to work on. but fun as hell to get in and knowing your riding in something you built not baught :D

lildhix said:
yea sometimes a pain in the *ss to work on. but fun as hell to get in and knowing your riding in something you built not baught :D

Yup sooooo true.....but what i hate the most is the dayum header burn i have on my hand.....sh*t hurts!!!! Lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor