1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Saint it is looking good im gonna give you a tip i never use rustolem i always use krylon and they make a high gloss as it sprays better and does not glop and flows better. also i would use a self etching primier for whatever paint brand you use so it bites into the metal just a tip. keep it up...

lildhix said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Ok so got up this AM, and got to work, should be getting that fan set-up and Radiator top plate both on Saturday...

I went all out, put my saftry gloves and glasses on and went to work grinding and taking off paint on top of radiator support...Im going to do the same when I get tha Rad top plate..

Went to Autozone pick up another belt for alt/water/crank v belt....and some primer/and 500% gloss paint Rustoleuom paint.

Heres a better pic of the pulley set up and some of the grinding....still going to sand it by hand and make it all smooth before paint....

I kinda want to get that look like the wheel wells OCD Elko Warren is getting done for me...it might not be perfect, but i will try my best...

Big Saint
80zbabiez CC
sorry if i missed it but how u make the lil chrome strip looking thing

Lol. im sorry , but dont understand what chrome lil strip???

Dave V said:
Saint it is looking good im gonna give you a tip i never use rustolem i always use krylon and they make a high gloss as it sprays better and does not glop and flows better. also i would use a self etching primier for whatever paint brand you use so it bites into the metal just a tip. keep it up...

Oh yeah forsure....Thanks for the info....Yeah the primer is a metal primer , im pretty sure it should grab all day...lol...hopefully this Rustolem paint will do the job, if not will go with krylon....thanks brah

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
lildhix said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Ok so got up this AM, and got to work, should be getting that fan set-up and Radiator top plate both on Saturday...

I went all out, put my saftry gloves and glasses on and went to work grinding and taking off paint on top of radiator support...Im going to do the same when I get tha Rad top plate..

Went to Autozone pick up another belt for alt/water/crank v belt....and some primer/and 500% gloss paint Rustoleuom paint.

Heres a better pic of the pulley set up and some of the grinding....still going to sand it by hand and make it all smooth before paint....

I kinda want to get that look like the wheel wells OCD Elko Warren is getting done for me...it might not be perfect, but i will try my best...

Big Saint
80zbabiez CC
sorry if i missed it but how u make the lil chrome strip looking thing

Lol. im sorry , but dont understand what chrome lil strip???
the lil lol dang the lil metal/chrome strip that lies on to of radiator,,where the hood latch is

RE: lildhix

If its the radiator top plate I havent recieved it yet from the person i bought it on here with the forum...what u see shiney is the top frame support i think thats what its called.....I grinded all the black paint off of it to the metal....

But if u looking for that top, he has more.....

heres the link, just pm him or post on his thread..

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30198

Uh oh!! Its starting!!!! Once you start to clean the bay up a lil here and there that bug bites you haarrrd bruh. Tape that car up good!! Overspray finds its way to any and everything you dont want to paint somehow. I didnt care about mine so I really didnt invest alot of time into it. But I spent over an hour taping off the motor. LOL! Rustolium sucks *ss! I love the finish the engine block enamel has but you never know whats gonna happen can to can. Im a Krylon guy but havent seen a "High temp" krylon around here. That front core support really makes the bay look detailed when sprayed up. I did mine for the SS and loved it. The El will be getting the same treatment this saturday... I'll be getting back on your wells after the weekend. Had to step away from em for a sec. The final clean prep cleaner I normally use was changed. Ace went with a differnt brand and now all of a sudden Im having issues....Trying something different...

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Uh oh!! Its starting!!!! Once you start to clean the bay up a lil here and there that bug bites you haarrrd bruh. Tape that car up good!! Overspray finds its way to any and everything you dont want to paint somehow. I didnt care about mine so I really didnt invest alot of time into it. But I spent over an hour taping off the motor. LOL! Rustolium sucks *ss! I love the finish the engine block enamel has but you never know whats gonna happen can to can. Im a Krylon guy but havent seen a "High temp" krylon around here. That front core support really makes the bay look detailed when sprayed up. I did mine for the SS and loved it. The El will be getting the same treatment this saturday... I'll be getting back on your wells after the weekend. Had to step away from em for a sec. The final clean prep cleaner I normally use was changed. Ace went with a differnt brand and now all of a sudden Im having issues....Trying something different...

Elco Warren 8)

Foshow!!....good looking out..I did see the krylon, but the rustolium has been good to me..i'll give it a shot...yea i kinda figured since im getting them wells all hooked up, might as well do the top core support....this is a big step for me becuase im not a grinding body work kinda guy...lol...but he it never hurts to try...and to stay busy..lmoa... :rofl:

Dayum Warren u see you gave me that bug or yours.....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH its attacking me!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Ps: i love the way the core support looks on your SS, all professinal...And i will tape up every thing, dont want overspray all over the place...hahahaha

That core will be sweet practice for you. The only prob I see is that the paint will be drying outside in the open. See we are trying to get the can paint to look like its been "cut and buffed". Any issues with the paint a pro will wet sand out, and use polishes to buff it to a mirror shine. I dont know how to do this yet. If I did, painting wells wouldnt take anytime to do. Good luck! Take your time and dont wear that sweater again!! LOL I better step my game up! We got ourselves another detailer in the house!!!

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
That core will be sweet practice for you. The only prob I see is that the paint will be drying outside in the open. See we are trying to get the can paint to look like its been "cut and buffed". Any issues with the paint a pro will wet sand out, and use polishes to buff it to a mirror shine. I dont know how to do this yet. If I did, painting wells wouldnt take anytime to do. Good luck! Take your time and dont wear that sweater again!! LOL I better step my game up! We got ourselves another detailer in the house!!!

Elco Warren 8)

LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!! Ahhhhhhhh brah i cant believe you remembered that issue about the "sweater"...lol...thats funny!!!

And u know what i didnt even think about spraying it outside, its all dusty out there too....every time i clean the bay its all dusty and sh*t....i just might water the ground before i spray..Practice make perfect...i think :blam: ...Thanks big homie...

Jackson paint in fontana carries the krylon warren so do most ace hardware stores. I use there semi gloss on suspension parts cause it flows so good. Big Saint Spary down the area good give it a few coats and try to keep everyone out of the area and hopefully you'll keep the dust down. After you put it on and it dries good it there is crap in the paint ill give a tip that will work better then wet Samsung I've always used a cleaner wax or use surf city beyond clay with a buffer it cuts the paint nicely and buffs it at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor