1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

looking good, the junk yard is having a 1/2 off sale tomorrow, just letting you know, case ya need anything... a good time to go...

LSCustoms said:
looking good, the junk yard is having a 1/2 off sale tomorrow, just letting you know, case ya need anything... a good time to go...

NICE! Thanks for info,,,

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
So i go my huslte on today, was a good day and made a good chunk of cash...it has been slow selling for the pass two weeks...and got so many calls today for parts...n e ways so i went to pepboys and picked up that air cleaner,but then took it right back....Mel it does clean but man the shine on it sucks and it was not my stlye...just covering up everything and just to much fir me...took it right back and got my refund....got so asada and a 12 pack and went home...but dayum i did pretty good today on paint and parts...thank u lord! :wink:

Thats all bad bro! Glad u picked it up locally and you didnt have to ship it out for a refund. March and billet specialties has some nice air cleaners you might like if your looking for something different. they are a little pricey

-83MONTESS- said:
That spring is what keeps upward pressure on the hood so when the latch is pulled, the spring's tension is relieved forcing the hood up. I have seen, and plan on doing this, putting a small rubber pad on the hood where the spring rests. It would have to be very thin so it would mess with the way the hood sits when its shut. Almost like something you would find at home depot for under furniture.

Ahhh that would work good...hope the have black in stock...wifey used all our ones we had save...off to homedepot i go....thanks for the info

melman109 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
So i go my huslte on today, was a good day and made a good chunk of cash...it has been slow selling for the pass two weeks...and got so many calls today for parts...n e ways so i went to pepboys and picked up that air cleaner,but then took it right back....Mel it does clean but man the shine on it sucks and it was not my stlye...just covering up everything and just to much fir me...took it right back and got my refund....got so asada and a 12 pack and went home...but dayum i did pretty good today on paint and parts...thank u lord! :wink:

Thats all bad bro! Glad u picked it up locally and you didnt have to ship it out for a refund. March and billet specialties has some nice air cleaners you might like if your looking for something different. they are a little pricey

Yea and i was ready to get it on advance auto parts..glad i found it localy like u said....i will ck out the two spot u mentioned....see whats up...thanks

Got my fans in today and man they look sweet! After looking at the instruction sheet and looking at color wires, i got a massavie headache! I HATE WIRES! Im kinda thinking that the overflow tank is not going to be able to mount on the fans, theres no room for screws and not enough meat for me to put a screw in....but theres always a way! ..still no radiator top plate...aug 9 th comes in...will paint like i have been doing in my thread, same steps...and get started on the setup....i did find out how to put the fans...the kit came with these long like zip tie platic thread that go stright throught the radiator and is capped off and cut to length...i was wondering how in the hell i was going to mount those fans! I guess pushing those plastic zipties throught the radiator dosent harm the radiator....

So can some one guide me through the wiring part when i get there....?lmao :mrgreen:

Heres some pics.

Attachments

• 2011-08-06_22-30-42_216.jpg
    2011-08-06_22-30-42_216.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 697
  • 2011-08-06_22-32-30_77.jpg
    2011-08-06_22-32-30_77.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 684
  • 2011-08-06_22-29-41_226.jpg
    2011-08-06_22-29-41_226.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 685

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Got my fans in today and man they look sweet! After looking at the instruction sheet and looking at color wires, i got a massavie headache! I HATE WIRES! Im kinda thinking that the overflow tank is not going to be able to mount on the fans, theres no room for screws and not enough meat for me to put a screw in....but theres always a way! ..still no radiator top plate...aug 9 th comes in...will paint like i have been doing in my thread, same steps...and get started on the setup....i did find out how to put the fans...the kit came with these long like zip tie platic thread that go stright throught the radiator and is capped off and cut to length...i was wondering how in the hell i was going to mount those fans! I guess pushing those plastic zipties throught the radiator dosent harm the radiator....

So can some one guide me through the wiring part when i get there....?lmao :mrgreen:

Heres some pics.
no pushing the radiator ties through doesnt hurt it...lol...the wiring part is real simple... should be same as mine, except mine is adjustable...same as i had outlined already, if you have any further questions or want me to call, you or stop by and walk you through, you are a bike ride away, so hit me up... during the weekend, or ill call you and walk you through it and send you some pics, whatever needs to be done...

LSCustoms said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

Heres some pics.
no pushing the radiator ties through doesnt hurt it...lol...the wiring part is real simple... should be same as mine, except mine is adjustable...same as i had outlined already, if you have any further questions or want me to call, you or stop by and walk you through, you are a bike ride away, so hit me up... during the weekend, or ill call you and walk you through it and send you some pics, whatever needs to be done...

I think its going to be a easy setup if i can concentrate and actually read the instructions...I like to just do it on my own once in awhile..lol :blam:
But thanks for the support with trying to help me with the wires...I will shoot you a PM if i get stuck!..lmao..all excited tho to have electric fans....lol

Dave V said:
If u wa t helping wiring it up just ask ill be glad to help u out wiring is not that hard

Hey Dave, Thanks for the help as well...Im going to try things on my own, thats the only way i will learn, but it feels good to hear that guys on the forum got my back! :mrgreen: will keep u updated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor