1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Skip:

Fluids are pink and look goood...

ok good ideas there....will check it out asap, maybe on weekend...from the engine bay the linkage looks loose alot...but dosent look like it can get any tighter, it looks like it held by cotter pins...

I really think it needs an adjustment....theres something wrong when u can only go into the first downshift..and not the 2nd.. :blam:

But if i do need to adjust it (how)? dont know what the hell im doing, but i know i can get it done with the right help :)

Do you think i should just get a new linkage...i have searched online and couldnt find sh*t!!!! maybe u guys can find a site where i can get or local parts

Thanks skip

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave:

I have always had this issue, even with the old trans I've had...i could just go ( park, reverse, neuteral, drive, and 1 down shift, wasent going into the 2nd down shift...really dont think its the rans...but maybe so...Nahhhhhhh dont think so..lol :mrgreen:

i think its the linkage personally i would have looked at it yesterday for ya. but you need to get under the car and see what it is doing. and try what skip said cause i think he is on to something there.

Dave V said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave:

I have always had this issue, even with the old trans I've had...i could just go ( park, reverse, neuteral, drive, and 1 down shift, wasent going into the 2nd down shift...really dont think its the rans...but maybe so...Nahhhhhhh dont think so..lol :mrgreen:

i think its the linkage personally i would have looked at it yesterday for ya. but you need to get under the car and see what it is doing. and try what skip said cause i think he is on to something there.

Dave!! I think he is on to something...hahahahaha...its getting me all excited....lmao...dont get me wrong I have gone under the car to ck out the linkage, but no one there to help me shift it to see what it is doing (get me)..Maybe Skip will make a trip to SOUTH GATE....lol...and help a brother out...j/k

here are some shots of saints engine bay with wells by warren. i for sure thought saint was getting a trophy yesterday cause yes my car has fabrication but saints ride is clean his engine is detailed for show.

Attachments

• DSCN2548.JPG
    DSCN2548.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 529
  • DSCN2549.JPG
    DSCN2549.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 540
  • DSCN2550.JPG
    DSCN2550.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 522

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave V said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave:

Dave!! I think he is on to something...hahahahaha...its getting me all excited....lmao...dont get me wrong I have gone under the car to ck out the linkage, but no one there to help me shift it to see what it is doing (get me)..Maybe Skip will make a trip to SOUTH GATE....lol...and help a brother out...j/k

if need be ill make a trip to help you out....let me know

Hey thanks Dave! :wink: I will keep u posted, lets see if Skip Foose and figure it out...lmao...I think hes got this...but if n e thing will shoot you a PM with info...

Here are pics if the linkage up front and from bottom....i tired to tightend bolt and adjust, but i think i found the problem....

Attachments

• 2011-08-30_08-13-13_686.jpg
    2011-08-30_08-13-13_686.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 484
  • 2011-08-30_08-12-40_733.jpg
    2011-08-30_08-12-40_733.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 519
  • 2011-08-30_08-12-13_845.jpg
    2011-08-30_08-12-13_845.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 493

Elcaminogrand/sport .....you were right it the bracket is hitting the header before the collector and not letting it get into that other gear....maybe thats why i can shift in to that first down gear...maybe that will help out the trans to shift into third gear..even tho i know if its in drive it should hit all gears...but u never know....i can problem manuel shift all gear if that works...i can take off at 1st gear if i can fix the problem then shift it to second the hit drive and fly....what do u think guys...hope pics say it all...and how can i fix that hitting header ish!!!! Maybe dermal and grind it down??

When down there shifting it with hand u can hear the gears in the trans shifting smooth with no problems...just thought i bring that up...really dont think its the trans...but hey..

Attachments

• 2011-08-30_08-32-14_818.jpg
    2011-08-30_08-32-14_818.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 483
  • 2011-08-30_08-31-56_661.jpg
    2011-08-30_08-31-56_661.jpg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 485
  • 2011-08-30_08-31-47_624.jpg
    2011-08-30_08-31-47_624.jpg
    979.4 KB · Views: 495

I figured thats why u couldnt throw it in second i know i had to beat in my flowtechs with a ball pen hammer to clear the linkage ,probly not something u wwanna do with them new ones,mine were used.But like you say even in drive it should (i think) still go thru all the gears itself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor