1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

wow man ive been missing like always but back again. your ride is so cleaning looking the details just keep coming . i like everything so far, those new mirrors look perfect too.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
I figured thats why u couldnt throw it in second i know i had to beat in my flowtechs with a ball pen hammer to clear the linkage ,probly not something u wwanna do with them new ones,mine were used.But like you say even in drive it should (i think) still go thru all the gears itself..

yes it should in drive but if the linkage is not setup it might be stuck between 2nd and 3rd in the trans you never know.

Dave V said:
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
I figured thats why u couldnt throw it in second i know i had to beat in my flowtechs with a ball pen hammer to clear the linkage ,probly not something u wwanna do with them new ones,mine were used.But like you say even in drive it should (i think) still go thru all the gears itself..

yes it should in drive but if the linkage is not setup it might be stuck between 2nd and 3rd in the trans you never know.

Very true Dave... It has always been like this before the headers and before the th350 was dropped in!... When i had the manifolds on and the old stock trans it did the same thing, the way the headers and the manifold pipes were placed it hit all the time(know that im thinking about it )..

Thats what im thinking..if its automatic and dosent have a computer to read the trans...its probley not reconizing the third gear...if i can shave that piece down to see if i can get it all the way to the 1st gear and drive it!!!! then i can shift it from 1st to 2nd then into drive manualy, leave it on drive to see what it will do, i bet you that it should work.

youngdeezy said:
wow man ive been missing like always but back again. your ride is so cleaning looking the details just keep coming . i like everything so far, those new mirrors look perfect too.

Thanks....good to hear from you again brah...thought u fell off the bridge for a minute...lol...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dave V said:
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:

Very true Dave... It has always been like this before the headers and before the th350 was dropped in!... When i had the manifolds on and the old stock trans it did the same thing, the way the headers and the manifold pipes were placed it hit all the time(know that im thinking about it )..

Thats what im thinking..if its automatic and dosent have a computer to read the trans...its probley not reconizing the third gear...if i can shave that piece down to see if i can get it all the way to the 1st gear and drive it!!!! then i can shift it from 1st to 2nd then into drive manualy, leave it on drive to see what it will do, i bet you that it should work.
what do you mean by computer shifting the trans or not reading gears, etc. its not electric, My el co has no computer what so ever in it... same transmission as you, for right now... maybe Im misunderstanding you, but computer is not the issue, i think you were on to it, as far as the linkage and header

I really dont know what im talking about Skip...lmao about computer, i thought it controlled the trans..hahahaha :rofl:

Im going to go to bro-in-laws shop, put it on the lift and try to shave it down to get it into that last gear which i think is the 1st gear....

Do you think I can buy a smaller bracket? has anyone seen one for sale at local parts stores?

If you can get it into the (D) gear you should still be able to hit 3rd gear while driving. When this happened to me it would drive fine but it wouldnt go into third. The only way I could get it to grab 3rd gear was to start off on 1 then shift to the 2 and then the D gear and start all over at every stop. I had to get my transmission rebuilt. I hope this is not the case for you I hope its just the linkage getting hung up. Keeping my fingers crossed big homie.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
I really dont know what im talking about Skip...lmao about computer, i thought it controlled the trans..hahahaha :rofl:

Im going to go to bro-in-laws shop, put it on the lift and try to shave it down to get it into that last gear which i think is the 1st gear....

Do you think I can buy a smaller bracket? has anyone seen one for sale at local parts stores?
all of the 4les (4l60-85e), but not our trans, not even the 700, it looks to be something simple, you are over thinking it brother... i wish i was closer, would take a quit trip, but the bike will be in the shop by tomorrow... :evil:

v2vera said:
If you can get it into the (D) gear you should still be able to hit 3rd gear while driving. When this happened to me it would drive fine but it wouldnt go into third. The only way I could get it to grab 3rd gear was to start off on 1 then shift to the 2 and then the D gear and start all over at every stop. I had to get my transmission rebuilt. I hope this is not the case for you I hope its just the linkage getting hung up. Keeping my fingers crossed big homie.

Since it's just a weekend cruzer/for shows localy, im good with 2 gears on the street....lmao :rofl: ...Hopefully if i can shave that braket down a bit to see what it does in 1st gear, hopefully I can just manuel shift it once im on the freeway if i need to drive it for a bit.like to the past run....Feel me.....keeping my fingers cross that it dosent need a rebuilt...It feels good tho thats why Im like tripping like :wtf: ...lol...

LSCustoms said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

all of the 4les (4l60-85e), but not our trans, not even the 700, it looks to be something simple, you are over thinking it brother... i wish i was closer, would take a quit trip, but the bike will be in the shop by tomorrow... :evil:

Its all good brah....with all your guys help i can probley get down to the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor