1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

saint u shud paint ur rad top plate and ur engine block the same color as the supprt bars give it more contrast under the hood..

tc1959 said:
Just pull the cover off ( you can get it chromed while you have it off.)
Look at the numbers stamped into the ring gear or the face of the pinion gear .
Divide the big number by the small number and you will know what gear ratio you have.
The smaller the # , say 2.25 is a HIGH GEAR. The bigger the # 4:10 Is a lower gear.

Ps your car is looking very good, Much better with the new old style mirrors.
You might just be having a bit of conflict with the tall rims ,and A high gear ratio.
Your car came with a 305 and 3 speed trans,with 14 or maybe 15 in wheels.

Thanks for chEcking in... I know there was an issue with the mirrors.. Got it fix lol :wink:

Shipper ruhhhhhh is coming tommorrow morning to ck things out... So relieved that he's coming to see what's up... like I said, gears,motors and granny's comfuse me...lmao

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
tc1959 said:
Divide the big number by the small number and you will know what gear ratio you have.
The smaller the # , say 2.25 is a HIGH GEAR. The bigger the # 4:10 Is a lower gear.

You might just be having a bit of conflict with the tall rims ,and A high gear ratio.

Thanks for chEcking in... I know there was an issue with the mirrors.. Got it fix lol :wink:

Shipper ruhhhhhh is coming tomorrow morning to ck things out... So relieved that he's coming to see what's up... like I said, gears,motors and granny's confuse me...lmao
My granny used to get me confused too :lol: :lol:

kuruption109 said:
saint u shud paint ur rad top plate and ur engine block the same color as the supprt bars give it more contrast under the hood..

Really ? Ummmmm I just might think about it .... Thanks for the idea brother Kris.... :wink:

tc1959 said:

:rofl: the whole point was to make it simpler... he would hv to pull the cover, so change oil, gasket etc... and find those numbers... alot more time and complication and mess for him... 8)

Tc1959;

Not to be mean but did u say granny or transmission...lol...hahaha

Also saint take a little compund and rub out the run under your right hood hinge area as I saw it in one of the pics I took of your bay overall saint your bay I cleaner than most and I think Chris idea is a Damn good one

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Tc1959;

Not to be mean but did u say granny or transmission...lol...hahaha
he said granny cause u did :rofl: 8) and i dont work for ups :rofl: i dnt ship sh*t, well, unless i make money on it

There is an easy way to tell what the factory ratio should be if the white sticker is still in the glove it will have a code like gt5 or gu5 etc if you get me that i can decode the rear also if you get under the car and clean the axle near the differential locate and on the bottom of the left or right axle tube will have a code like 6ayg218d that means you would have a 256 ratio and the day the axle was made. I have a whole book that can decode 78 87 vin and glove box door codes on the white tag in the glove box. Later

Super update !!!

Skip figured out what the hell was going on with Elko ...it was the dayum RPM tach!!! Lmao lmao lmao :rofl:

So skip got on the phone with me, told me to jump on the freeway and to punch it... I was scared out of my *ss... He diagnosis it over the phone and told me that car was Kool... That it had to be the rpm tach (of course it was a hand me down from Cousin when he wrecked his civic) wait till I see him !!lol

So I went home took off tach and put old dash tach wire back on, test drove again on freeway and
HURRRRRRRAY I WAS KEEPING UP WITH TRAFFIC ...lmao.. At 45mph I was like at 2000rpms , when I punched it to 70mph I was at about 2700rpm. And let tell u something if felt real good to say up with traffic and be abel to still punch it and just go alittle bit over 3000Rpms

I guess I was just trying to be more safe than sorry.... When I was seen 45mph at 4500rpms I was tripping and didn't want to go any faster(feel me).... But thanks SKIP alot!!!!! I knew there wasn't n e thing wrong with transmission...

Lesson to be learned...lmao. Don't buy n e thing from ur cousins..hahaha :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor