Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Why dont you let him use spray on each pass? I still dont see him winning unless you spin off the line or something. Or if you wanna rub it in give him some lengths each run :twisted:

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
pat, this guy is just lookin to get his ego stroked- let him be and let him move on to the next guy...

blowing up the original v-6 I can understand, but 2 5.4's? kid must've ridden the short bus to school :roll: ... drove a 06 f250 with the 5.4 for 3 years everyday and it's had a heavy assed trailer hooked to it from day one, and still has every bit of power as it did when my boss picked it up at the dealer...

the only car I ever owned that I had to start a race from a 55mph roll(at 11 pm on the freeway), was my 73 satellite 4dr with 2.72 gears, only because it didn't have any take off and made it up on top end... doesn't sound like that with the stang though-kid sounds like an idiot with more dollars than sense....

maddog20_20

Master Mechanic
Nov 20, 2010
St. Louis MO
Blowing up 2 5.4's on NOS is pretty simple, and not because its a garbage engine (its actually a pretty decent engine). You can't just throw a bottle on a FI engine without getting it tuned for the NOS. If he is running a stock ECM or an improperly tuned one, he is probably leaning the engine out and it only takes about 2 seconds on a decent shot of NOS to burn holes in the pistons. I have seen it done LOTS of times around here -- young, dumb, and full of cum kids buy a bottle, throw it on, flip the switch and BOOM.

When I put the go juice on my stang it spent almost 2 hours on a dyno getting the mix right, and I then opted also for a secondary fuel system to add some extra fuel for insurance. And let me tell you the little 302 would run like a raped ape with the 250 shot.

normal_1.jpg

Sounds like the guy is really a talker anyway -- he probably needs to sell the stang and buy a ricer -- seems like he fits that category better.

Walk away from the guy if he doesn't want to run at the track, sounds like he is a bozo anyway.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
I would say don't even give him the time of day, or the thrill of even getting to run you. I'm only 20 also and two years ago I would have run him all day long but I've grown up. He's the one who's trying to prove something like a good portion of our generation with all of their new high tech cars. You don't have to prove anything, you're the one with the classy old school muscle car, it speaks for itself.

I have a buddy with a turbo sentra spec v who keeps hounding me to run him. He wants to run from a 30-40 roll also and I told him no lets run from a dig on the track the way they have been for how many years now. He refused and said he cant get traction because his boost is too high and all he will do is spin, he's only good from a roll. I just laughed, and told him sounds like someone doesn't know how to use a clutch. Oh and he also said he wont run because he's worried about burning his stock clutch up that has almost 70k miles on it. Excuses excuses excuses.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
He sounds like a real prick :roll: Put a rag in his gas tank and light that thing on fire :twisted:
:rofl:

No, but for real. Is the 5.4L supercharged? or is it just a standard TRITON 5.4L? Let's leave this kid out of the equation for a minute. An '08 Mustang with a 5.4L (correctly installed and tuned to run) would be pretty friggin fast. You go and add nitrous to that engine and it is going to scream.
I say race him, if he'll go to the track. I would love to see this race (record it) I think it'll be close without the nitrous. If you allow him to spray and he hooks, I don't think the Malibu would have a chance.
From a 40mph roll, with your 700R4. If I remember correctly, that is the weakest point to lay into a car with the 700R4. Although, with your trans built and whatnot, I am sure it reacts completely different than a stock 700R4.

Mustang guys are horrible to deal with. Even if you toasted him 10 times in a row, their car is still faster and better :? There is a difference between a Mustang guy and a car guy who has a Mustang. Mustang guys are completely hard headed and they know everything :roll:

BTW, your Malibu has my vote (because I have a feeling that this particular Mustang is not setup or driven correctly)

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
It has to be supercharged, they did not offer a stock 5.4 in 2008 unless its an aftermarket engine or he has one of the shelby gt500's. v6's were the 4.0l , gt's were the 4.6 l , gt500's were the 5.4l . Then comes the limted gt500kr a 540hp 5.4l. Stock gt's for this year 1/4 mile times were 13.90's/14.40's depending on driver. This test was with 3 different drivers in the same stock 08 gt stang 4.6ltr gt. the 5.4ltr gt500 billits ran 12.9's. Just a lil info on the guys car , if its a stock 5.4ltr and not supercharged then its not the oem engine.

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
RITTER said:
It says in the original post that it was an original V6 car :wink:

Bah my bad :blam:

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
This guy sounds like a total tool. 5.0's are big around long island especially the further west you go. these kids throw a set of flowmasters on it and think they have a hot rod :roll: the ONLY mustang i have respect for is my uncles 90 notchback that me and him recently put a procharger on. that car would FLY even with the hopped up 302 and ran 12's N/A and 11's on the bottle with slips to prove it. anyways.... like most young d-bags our age (i'm gonna be 22 in a few weeks) because they have a V-8 powered car they think they rule the streets. no one i know of does a rolling start for a race, its total BS and a slap in the face to any form of racing. this guy needs his *ss handed to him, i say give him hell and knock him down a few pegs. he also needs to learn some damn respect for older cars ...I PITTY THE FOOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor