Who would win in this virtual race?

• 1980 Chevrolet Malibu

Votes: 43 81.1%
  • 2008 Ford Mustang

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would probally break when he floors it of the line Ford -Fixed Or Repaired Daily- lol

theres a kid i work with that talks sh*t on "old school" cars all day and how carbed motors are junk. He has been working on adding a turbo to his mitsubitchi lancer for the past... forever, so ive heard. he talks sh*t on how he'll "dunk" on my car all day and his sh*t doesnt even run yet. i talk sh*t because i drove my car this decade :lol: best thing to do is just ignore douchebags like this i guess

I tell him ive got a buddy with a smallblock in a truck that would whoop his *ss all day. he has no idea what a smallblock even is or how much power can be made from engines us "muscle car" guys run. my buddy has a aluminum headed stroker over 600 horse in an 87 silverado... i'm gonna have to line those 2 up this summer so i can razz his *ss on how he cant beat an old *ss truck with a smallblock :wink:

Our cars dont have a mass airflow sensor to tell the engine weather to breath or not we realy on Cfm Carbs lol tell him to watch the fast and the furious “Muscle Beats Import”

78PontiacGP said:
Our cars dont have a mass airflow sensor to tell the engine weather to breath or not we realy on Cfm Carbs lol tell him to watch the fast and the furious “Muscle Beats Import”
No I think the fast and furious movies are what contributes to making people this stupid! Those movies are HORRIBLE :puke: !

patmckinneyracing said:
- 350 bored .010 (352)
- Lunati Voodoo Cam .489/.504, 227/233 dur. , and 110 LSA
- Matching Valvetrain on 882 iron heads (2.02/1.60 valves)
- Edelbrock Air Gap Intake with Edelbrock 600cfm
- 700r4 with $1200 worth of parts (copycat of Monster Transmissions 700r4)
- 2400 Dacco Stall (Peak torque at 2300-2500 rpm)
- 3.73 auburn posi rear with fully rebuilt suspension and steering
- Potenza performance tires on rally wheels

What is the TRUE compression ratio of this engine? What about exhaust? I'm no Chevy guy, but I know the 882 heads are not very good. Unless you did some bowl blending, those bigger valves won't perform up to expectations. Your carb is way too small for an engine with a cam that big which I assume will be reved to about 6000 rpm or so. A hair more stall would be better too IMO.

I think this kid with the Stang sounds like a real douchbag, but he's probably going to take you unless you have some good compression, a healthy exhaust system, put on a bigger carb, and get some better flowing heads. I will admit, however, I know very little about his Ford 5.4. Of course I'm assuming both cars are tuned and running properly too.

I hope I'm wrong because I hate cocky little kids who think their 'new' cars are the $hit and older cars suck. It doesn't really matter though, because he's not going to race you anyway. :wink:

-83MONTESS- said:
78PontiacGP said:
No I think the fast and furious movies are what contributes to making people this stupid! Those movies are HORRIBLE :puke: !
Hahahaha ill agree with you i just liked the first one with that charger pulling off that wheelie :mrgreen: i think that was awesome

yeah the fake wheelie. lol still pretty cool though...

tfatf-70charger-how02.jpg

My true compression 9.1-9.2. I spoke with Lunati about this and the camshaft I have is designed specfically for that compression ratio. Had I gone out of the 9 to 9.5 CR, I would have need to bump up to the larger 60104 camshaft. The 882 heads, regardless to beliefs of their lack of performance, have served me very well. They have minor port work done and had the bowls cleaned up, and I have pushed this motor, with a more mild cam and the same carb, to 7500-8000 rpm on the highway (easy to do with 3.73's and a th350) and the motor was still make power.

That stall is what was recommended by Lunati and the two other engine builders. We setup up virtual dynos and both guys said that the peak torque is right at 2400-2600 rpm. Rather be just a little before peak torque rather than on the downhill curve of it. The exhaust is full length flowtech headers, flowmaster 40's, and 2.5 inch pipe that exits in front of the tires.

I will be doing more test driving and acceleration tests on the bu this upcoming weekend. If I feel that it isn't getting enough carb from the 600cfm eddy I have then I'll bump up to either my 750 carter comp carb or the 750 barry grant. Most small blocks don't need carbs that big and it would probably take away from acceleration. Figure my father's 440 is making 650hp/700lb with a 750 demon on top.

that kid deserves to get his *ss spanked! Take him to the track and blow by him for all of us. Btw, a big attaboy!! for taking this issue to the track. Too many young kids get killed each year racing at high speed on the street. That what the track is for!!
Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor