1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
And done!

No, not really.

Today was just a bunch of farting around tying up loose ends... hell I even put the interior back together. We had snow today, and now lots of rain, so I could not get it outside to dink around with it - or wash it. More rain tomorrow.

But, for the first time in 3.5 years it is on the ground - and sitting at 25.5" front and 26.5" rear. Going to need to add a lot of negative camber... probably source some offset cross shafts.

Going to have to do the safety circle jerk in the meantime (lights and stuff) to make sure it is prepped for certification.

Attachments

• wagoon.jpg
    wagoon.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 388
  • vroomvroom.jpg
    vroomvroom.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Going to have to do the safety circle jerk in the meantime (lights and stuff) to make sure it is prepped for certification.

Have fun blowing the official mind!

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Awesome! Also, the Moog offset cross shafts are pretty cheap and work well.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Awesome! Also, the Moog offset cross shafts are pretty cheap and work well.

The fact that they are so readily available speaks to the production tolerances and/or damage some of these cars have.

I have used an inch of shims before to get the desired negative camber.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
I'm surprised you're doing the mto dance. Is the car not already registered to you?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I'm surprised you're doing the mto dance. Is the car not already registered to you?

it could be registered to him without the safety certificate. You need the certificate to put the car on the road.

Nope, neither.

We bought the car out of the US about 4 years ago, it came off the transport and was rolled into the garage, put on jack stands and torn apart, and 3.5 years later it looks like a car again. At no point in that time did I attempt to register it - however, we did get personalized plates for it. So the MTO dick dance will commence soon - this will include the dreaded appraisal for taxation purposes.

Later it will get an appraisal for insurance purposes.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
the MTO appraisal is a jerk around. Because there is no visual inspection to match what you tell the MTO there is a dis-connect to be abused.
All it seems to take is a used car lot and $ 50.00 around here to get a near scrap value appraisal of an older car. I have seen details these guys put on the report to de-value a car ( worn paint, mis-matched panels, torn interior ) to bring a car down to a sub $1500 value. This is the same car that would get a $15000 Insurance valuation for loss when being insured ( likely even before the MTO appraisal ). Either set a standard fee for anything older than 25 years or make it so MTO does the visual inspection

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Drove it around the block two-footing it the whole way, and washed it in the rain. Because car guy.

Attachments

• wagoon1.jpg
    wagoon1.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 266
  • wagoon2.jpg
    wagoon2.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 232
  • wagoon3.jpg
    wagoon3.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 249
  • wagoon4.jpg
    wagoon4.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor