1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan LS Turbo Build

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Next up grade is the race style car seat.
Funny you mention that... I wanted a recaro baby seat when my son was on his way... They really aren't that much compared to others, but there is no US distributor for the baby seats, so once you add shipping it became a $600 venture, and then in the terrible incident we did get in a crash I wouldn't put it past insurance companies to not cover him since the car seat wasn't tested to US standards... Even though the testing they do on the other side of the pond is the same or sometimes greater.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Congrats ol sport

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Tried firing up the new motor, but had a random backfire that clearly wasn't good.

Changed the plugs and wires; did not help.

Pulled the injectors and sent out for service:
SEP1000 7.2.jpg SEP1000 8.2.jpg

Somehow I have some major cr*p in there! Pulled the fuel filter and cleaned that as well.

Was also told one of the injectors plugs was damaged:
WIN_20210608_13_01_40_Pro.jpg

Maybe I've been on 7 cylinders this whole time?? :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What are we looking at?

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
What are we looking at?
These are microscope images of the inside of my fuel injectors. Somehow sand/junk has gotten inside them. I don't know if its from the fuel rail, or the filter being plugged and passing through it (??) but I need to clean out my entire fuel system before I get the injectors put back in. :cry:

• Sad

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Let the fuel pump pump it out into a clean white pail, Blow the fuel rails out with air, use the coffee filter/funnel method to determine if you have more of a problem, you might had just had junkyard presents in the old tank or rails from previous.

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you get more out of the lines, then your secondary filter is not up to the task.

Did you change the rails or lines with the new engine? What are you using for a filter?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor