1984 Big Block H/O Pro-Touring Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm there every year!

The 442 didn't want to cooperate last year so I took the wagon instead.
I'll definitely have the 442 there this year since I highly doubt I'll get the wagon done in time lol...

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Well---- the day is almost near to fire this thing up for the first time. I've been working on this thing chance I get since the last post. It is finally ready to fire except for some power steering issues and I still need to build the exhaust yet. Otherwise, I've about got it ready to fire up. I've spent the last couple of months finishing up loose ends in the engine bay--- mounting MSD box, fitting heater/radiator hoses, underhood wiring, building plug wires, wiring to the starter and sensors, finishing the fuel system and transmission cooler lines and wiring to the transmission. The list just goes on and on. I spent this weekend wiring inside the car. I now have my keyless entry/remote trunk wiring done. (shaved the locks and trunk key). I also spent more time wiring the digital dash. I also got the car back on the ground to see how it would sit with weight on the front end. I haven't rolled it out of the garage yet, so I'm hoping for a little drop yet. I'm gonna let it sit a year on these springs and see how it reacts. I'm almost sure it will drop some once the springs have a chance to sag out a little bit. It has been a lot of work and I'm glad it's getting near the end. Last thing to do is finish up the A/C, install the door panels, and finish rebuilding the seats. I had an upholstery shop redo the front seats and I just haven't had time to put them back together yet. I will keep everyone posted on future progress--- can't wait to post the video of it firing up. Thanks, Aaron

Attachments

• engine bay1.jpg
    engine bay1.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 705
  • enginebay2.jpg
    enginebay2.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 697
  • enginebay3.jpg
    enginebay3.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 697

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
A couple of pics with the weight on the front. I think it will come down some more once I have a chance to roll it back and get the suspension to release it's tension.

Attachments

• Nearly done2.jpg
    Nearly done2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 687
  • Nearly done.jpg
    Nearly done.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 700

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Anubis said:
Wow....looking good Aaron. Very clean. Are you coming to the Oldsmobile Homecoming in Lansing June?

Thanks Anubis--- probably not gonna make the show in Lansing this year. I've wanted to go to that show for a long time. My wife's cousin lives there so it would be easy to find a place to stay. I will probably put it on my to do list some other year. I would like to shake my car down when I finally do fire it up before I travel that far with it. I checked out your videos from your post. That 442 of yours looks very nice. Very impressive tire shredding action!!!

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
looks amazing! I hope my car looks half that good when I get it done!

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Well-- been plugging away for months now and I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I have spent so many nights/weekends in the garage I think my family might not know I even exist anymore!! All kidding aside, I have had a great time getting this project close to completion. I still have some odds and ends to do, but for the most part, it's very,very close. Still have to do something inside the trunk besides the linex. Probably build some sort of an enclosure with interior over the winter. I'm gonna spend the rest of the summer working out the bugs and fixing the stupid little leaks and just driving the crap out of it. Went for my first test drive on Saturday and I have to tell you, the 496 Olds is a monster. Talk about plant you in your seat. I've had a lot of fun, but I'm glad it's coming to an end!! I get to go back to the Car Craft Summer Nationals this weekend for the first time (with the car) since 2008 and I am very excited. I look forward to seeing some of you there and making new friendships as well.

Attachments

• July4-1.JPG
    July4-1.JPG
    676.1 KB · Views: 440
  • July4-2.JPG
    July4-2.JPG
    655.3 KB · Views: 436
  • July4-7.JPG
    July4-7.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 422
  • July4-8.JPG
    July4-8.JPG
    537.6 KB · Views: 419
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor