Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
looks really good!!

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Thanks guys. Still sitting in the garage as of right now. Haven't received the motor yet from BTR Performance. Won't be long though. I talked to Bill about a week ago and he was just putting the final touches on it and was going to send it to the dyno. Hopefully have it by the time the snow flies. Will be fun this winter to have the time to work on it and be able to take my time with all of the loose ends. I will post pics as soon as I can. PS-- Kev, that Monte of yours is going to be awesome when it's done.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Bill has a good rep in the Olds community. Who did you decide on for your 2004R? Living behind that huge torque will require a very well built trans. Very nice car.

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Thanks. Haven't decided yet for trans. Still torn between CK Performance or Extreme Automatics. They both look to have a great product. It's not about the cost so much at this point considering they are both within a few hundred dollars of each other. I just want to find somebody that will build a bullet-proof transmission so I don't have to worry about it down the road. I have other projects I would like to tackle after this one and would like the peace of mind from the get-go on this. BTR Bill said the twin sister to my motor made 596 hp/665 tq on the engine dyno. Mine should be close to those numbers when finished. Anybody out there making that kind of power dealt with either of these two companies? I would love any and all feedback. Thanks again, Aaron

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Have you thought about a 4l80e?

Kansas Bu Wagon said:
Have you thought about a 4l80e?
I think Extreme is building 4L80s now as well. IIR the two guys from Extreme and CK used to work together, or one for the other. Fairly sure I read that somewhere when I was looking for a trans builder. I went with Extreme as he was local to me at the time, since then he has moved to NC. He will also modify your stock valve body to the same as the GNs BRF. Make sure you keep your speedo drive bullet with gear, retainer, and bolt. If you order a new trans from him, be sure to ask for one if you are keeping your cable drive.

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
Well-- haven't posted for a while since not much had changed. I have some progress to report though. I have been diligently working my way to finally installing the motor. Motor showed up the day before Thanksgiving. I am just now getting closer--- it goes in the hole next weekend. I finally had a chance to finish the brake lines, line lock, and rear proportioning valve install. Spent last weekend working a little more on the interior, and spent this weekend working on fuel lines, return lines, and trying to prep the new tank for the fuel pump. There are still lots of little things and a few big things to do. I will keep you all posted as much as I can and will try to take plenty of photos in the process. I'm very excited to get the BTR 496 under the hood next weekend and finally be able to make some real progress with wiring and fuel line hook-up. Won't be long now!!

Attachments

• BTR Performance 496.jpg
    BTR Performance 496.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 606
  • Brake lines.jpg
    Brake lines.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 615
  • Ready for motor.jpg
    Ready for motor.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 602
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor