1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

kuruption109 said:
LSCustoms said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-Series-Ford-9-Rearend-Alternator-Bracket-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588e2dccd6QQitemZ380342488278QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4363wt_951
MAN i aint ever seen no stuff like dat
prob could use the area where the battery is now, for something special, move the two batteries to under the car on a fabbed rack and run a rear end mounted alt use a relay to charge both the batteries, etc... 8)

LSCustoms said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-Series-Ford-9-Rearend-Alternator-Bracket-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588e2dccd6QQitemZ380342488278QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4363wt_951

Wow!!!! I need something like that for my Maro. Do they make those for 12 bolt rears? Skip knows about all the goodies

melman109 said:
LSCustoms said:

Wow!!!! I need something like that for my Maro. Do they make those for 12 bolt rears? Skip knows about all the goodies
not sure, ill have to call and ask my rear end shop, they r the ones who told me about it... when i told them what i wanted to do, problem i will have to think about it how much tub imma need... for the wheels and tuck... gonna be a pretty extreme rear tire, need my dream motor to hook up with some nice rims on it... my philosophy "if i build the rest, the motor will come". lol

LSCustoms said:
melman109 said:
LSCustoms said:

not sure, ill have to call and ask my rear end shop, they r the ones who told me about it...

Def let me know when you find out..

LSCustoms said:
my philosophy "if i build the rest, the motor will come"

Hahaha Nice!!!

been tired the last few days, but anyhow, took out a little time to get the shifter installed, none of those brackets i bought worked right in this car, for some reason, i dont know if the shifter is different or what... just did away with them...

used 3/8s bolts all the way around...
IMG208.jpg

damn shifter knob wont tighten down with the nut, seems stripped, and this thing is new... gotta figure that out too, you would think b&m would be great quality
IMG213.jpg

picked up some parts today... me and Warren may have to take a trip to the yard tomorrow though, cause i didnt get the cable or line bracket, didnt know if i needed them and was hot and hard enough getting this sh*t...lol...
IMG214.jpg

IMG215.jpg

and i hope this is the right part, cause it was one of two there, and the other one looked as bulky as the stock g body, so off memory i grabbed this one, tried to order it from a member here but he ran out of them, hasnt hit me back so...anyhow hope this is it, maybe someone can confirm or point me to a link...
IMG217.jpg

Looks Iike the correct shaft... Send it out here to me and I'll test fit it on BS 2.0 :mrgreen:

melman109 said:
Looks Iike the correct shaft... Send it out here to me and I'll test fit it on BS 2.0 :mrgreen:
cool, imma try to run back to the yard, if they have another jeep there ill grab you one... i got that one off in less than 5 minutes looked like a tight squeeze... but removed the air filter box and was pretty simple to get.. half off this weekend too, thats why the brakes were cheaper than normal.. oh yeah the brakes are off an fbody rear... hope they are cool too, cause imma clean em up mock them up then re paint, get the better rotors and call it a day for the rear (for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor