1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

Dont pump this chumps head all up. I mean it's cool for what it is :mrgreen:

LSCustoms said:
Longroof79 said:
what taillights will you be running?
not quite sure, Danny has some caddy lights laying around, but we would have to weld in buckets and i wanted the light originally in the roll pan (not on the corners like ive seen)... with the pointed ends toward the sides of the el co... now once its done all the weld work on the pan... ill figure it out, prob one long light flushed in between the roll pan and the gate... its a very little gap there now and it looks alot better, so a nice run brake turn single strip led would look awesome there...
=========================================================================================================
I've seen an El Camino with the Caddy taillights. It looked pretty sharp. The Elky quarters can accommodate several different types of taillights. Where as with a wagon you're limited. *I'm still trying to figure out that one*
I was going to ask you about the clearance issue between the lower tailgate and roll pan. You'll notice on the fiberglass roll pan, there is a recessed section for that purpose. The stock bumper is mounted slightly lower and further away from the body in order to clear the tailgate. All these factors to take into consideration. :?

Longroof79 said:
I've seen an El Camino with the Caddy taillights. It looked pretty sharp. The Elky quarters can accommodate several different types of taillights. Where as with a wagon you're limited. *I'm still trying to figure out that one*
I was going to ask you about the clearance issue between the lower tailgate and roll pan. You'll notice on the fiberglass roll pan, there is a recessed section for that purpose. The stock bumper is mounted slightly lower and further away from the body in order to clear the tailgate. All these factors to take into consideration. :?
no clearance issue... and the caddy lights are too big for what i wanna do, not putting any light on the quarter, would have to be in the roll pan, or in between, im going to be putting some in between and then when im ready for paint gonna flush some in the roll pan and paint over them so they disappear

100MEDIA36IMAG0062.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0063.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0064.jpg

this is what i meant by tack up the pieces, not continual beads, once you grind down the welds, you will see any holes, etc, and keep right on tacking them up, longer process but much better result... also be careful with the grinder and the heat from that too, cause you can warp sh*t with that too...

my friend Dan has mad skills, Im getting better and better as i try, for my big stuff or important parts of the build, I trust Dan to handle all that... :D

LSCustoms said:
Dave V said:
you can mount a fire and ice led time unit in there that has brake and reverse lights built in i have one on my truck and its cool.
Dave,

where do I get one from and are they local... do you have an picts. what i found was on xtralights.com 49" long, but seemed priced cheap and havent purchased anything from them before, hard to trust people...

I'll try to get a pic of the one on my avalanche I have a 60" one. I got mine from styling concepts but I know you can buy from plasma glow direct. Ill try to get a pic tomorrow night when I get home after a show

Dave V said:
LSCustoms said:
Dave V said:
you can mount a fire and ice led time unit in there that has brake and reverse lights built in i have one on my truck and its cool.
Dave,

where do I get one from and are they local... do you have an picts. what i found was on xtralights.com 49" long, but seemed priced cheap and havent purchased anything from them before, hard to trust people...

I'll try to get a pic of the one on my avalanche I have a 60" one. I got mine from styling concepts but I know you can buy from plasma glow direct. Ill try to get a pic tomorrow night when I get home after a show
thanks

going to be playing with the license plate bucket also and making a custom tow hitch fit behind it... went shopping for 9" rears yesterday, gonna do a budget build on one of those, too...

saw a really nice elco there (Pomona Swapmeet)... i think it was the cleanest I saw...
IMG296.jpg

IMG297.jpg

oh and picked up a few goodies too one (lol) of which Im willing to show right now... paid more than i wanted too, but the other spots there wanted $200 for the same wheel, got it for half, with the adapter and horn botton... I just liked it (billet and leather) so I pulled the trigger... when i put my tilt in, it will be all freshened up...
IMG301.jpg

IMG302.jpg

IMG303.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor