1984 ElCO Rear disc brake upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
im going to grab the stock rear brake lines off some other gbodys in the yard while im there too, so i can just cut the the right length and use them for other rear brake projects (for whomever i help do this), then i could just grab theres and cut it down, flare it, so that it will be clean, It seems to be a one day job (few hours in the day), when u know exactly what you are doing. i actually havent worked on it for too much time, and its come along nicely, just gotta get the studs, pull the axles back out, put the new studs in, cut the angle iron, bolt the shock back on, put the prop valve on, bleed, adjust etc...

Looking good, So all that's needed to convert over to ls1 brakes is to cut the flange? BTW like the detail work 😀

LSCustoms said:
im going to grab the stock rear brake lines off some other gbodys in the yard while im there too, so i can just cut the the right length and use them for other rear brake projects (for whomever i help do this), then i could just grab theres and cut it down, flare it, so that it will be clean, It seems to be a one day job (few hours in the day), when u know exactly what you are doing. i actually havent worked on it for too much time, and its come along nicely, just gotta get the studs, pull the axles back out, put the new studs in, cut the angle iron, bolt the shock back on, put the prop valve on, bleed, adjust etc...
sweeet man i cant wait to come out there so i can start puttin work in on my car... o yea u kno n e jobs hiring out there?

Nice job brah...u going to have bad *ss stoping power !!!! Sweet

Just drove back to New Olreans from Dallas. 9 hours. It's 1A.M. I'm tired as hell but I had to check you out. It looks damn good homie. Thanks for all the info.

kuruption109 said:
sweeet man i cant wait to come out there so i can start puttin work in on my car... o yea u kno n e jobs hiring out there?
Ill keep a look out for you...

85GPLef41 said:
Looking good, So all that's needed to convert over to ls1 brakes is to cut the flange? BTW like the detail work 😀
almost done with the setup, and will go back and update the first few posts i think with a decent write up... but as far as the rear end:

cut flange (near where I previsouly indicated)

drill bottom holes out to 3/8"

mount ls1 backing plate to the flange, using bottom holes, pilot drill the top two holes, the drill those out to 3/8s, bolt it up

move shock mount point (it looks like i can use a simple L bracket, bolt that to the stock mount point, then the shock to the point perpendicular with the stock shock bracket)

another L bracket for the stock ebrake cable to keep in place

a hook for the end of the ebrake cable, to attatch to the ebrake lever on the backing plate

I am also cutting the stock brake lines down (cause i accidently broke one trying to bend it), but this works out better cause I have to reflare the one I broke anyway, so I am going to cut them both as short as I want them and then redo the ends... simple to do and AutoZone rents the tool anyway...

might as well install longer wheel studs, cause in my case, I could use them...

hook up the prop valve, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor