1984 ElCO Rear disc brake upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
what one side looks like...
IMG_20110905_155017.jpg

with wheel on...
IMG_20110905_165856.jpg

I set up the conversion on my 8.2 rear end. The flange on the axle where the studs are installed was 6.25" diameter so I had to get it cut down to 5.75" diameter so the rotors would fit..

LSCustoms said:
took the pressure off the shocks, which will need to be relocated (easy to do with L bracket, i may just use angle iron not sure yet)
IMG_20110905_160307.jpg

started bolting up the caliper (greased the caliper bolt holes)..
IMG_20110905_153206.jpg

IMG_20110905_153159.jpg

put the rotor on the axle, bolted the caliper bracket to the backing plate, then put the brake pad hardware in and pads, bolted on the caliper, with the brake line on the bottom, bleeder on the top...
IMG_20110905_153224.jpg

IMG_20110905_154146.jpg

IMG_20110905_154132.jpg
skipfoose at it again man u def makin moves on this project ..when i come to cali we shall be doin this swap to THA RUNT!.. good pics and info...

the other side is bolted up as well, had a problem on the drivers side, as i was figuring out the best way to run the line, while carefully bending the brake line, it broke, stupid sh*t! :rofl: so i will be looking for a better fix for this, it needs to be cut down anyway, so im either going to have someone make me a single line to go from the caliper to the t, or figure out a way to fix the line... done for now, gotta work tonight!

LSCustoms said:
the other side is bolted up as well, had a problem on the drivers side, as i was figuring out the best way to run the line, while carefully bending the brake line, it broke, stupid sh*t! :rofl: so i will be looking for a better fix for this, it needs to be cut down anyway, so im either going to have someone make me a single line to go from the caliper to the t, or figure out a way to fix the line... done for now, gotta work tonight!
o ok well its all trial and error.. in my book ur doin a DAMN good job!

looks pretty simple to do... cutting the stock line shorter will look cleaner anyway and allow a smooth transition between the two lines

[youtube]-Im2NVo1aw0&feature=related[/youtube]

kuruption109 said:
LSCustoms said:
o ok well its all trial and error.. in my book ur doin a DAMN good job!
thanks bro, i had it right, then it didnt "look" good to me, I mean it just had to bother me it was so long, so i had to mess with it and break it... :rofl: I feel like Big(L)CoCD Warren :rofl:

pontiacgp said:
I set up the conversion on my 8.2 rear end. The flange on the axle where the studs are installed was 6.25" diameter so I had to get it cut down to 5.75" diameter so the rotors would fit..
everything went right on so far... axle flange/rotor is ok...

LSCustoms said:
looks pretty simple to do... cutting the stock line shorter will look cleaner anyway and allow a smooth transition between the two lines

[youtube]-Im2NVo1aw0&feature=related[/youtube]
o yea ive did that before on one of my elcos

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor