1984 ElCO Rear disc brake upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice write-up and I cannot wait to do this to my wagon. Is it possible to post pics of the shock bracket and brake bracket? Thanks

azwagon said:
nice write-up and I cannot wait to do this to my wagon. Is it possible to post pics of the shock bracket and brake bracket? Thanks
i post as i get stuff done, progress prob wont be till the weekend, havent done the shock bracket but its going to be easy, already figured it out... as far as the brake bracket, not sure what your asking, go back through the thread, there r pics for everything ive done so far, if you need further clarification, ill run outside and grab some pics, cant finish the install until i grab some longer studs and cut and fix the stock rear brake line for cleanliness...

I got off a little early yesterday so I went to the junkyard and picked up the backing plates. Now I have everything I need to get this swap done. But I'm gonna wait til I find a 8.5 rearend. Anybody have one at a good price let me know.
39139694008_medium.jpg

39139694007_medium.jpg

redboy504 said:
I got off a little early yesterday so I went to the junkyard and picked up the backing plates. Now I have everything I need to get this swap done. But I'm gonna wait til I find a 8.5 rearend. Anybody have one at a good price let me know.
39139694008_medium.jpg

39139694007_medium.jpg
cool! hopefully i can get this buttoned up pretty soon... almost done...i suggest getting the parts you want painted done, will give them plenty of time to cure... also if you need rotors, do not get the cross drilled ones, the holes can present a problem under extreme braking... the slotted are fine, just not the ones with holes in them... in my opinion, if you do get them, about once every 6 months, just check the areas around the holes for cracking...

Thanks a lot. Thats some great advice. I'll get them cleaned up this week and I'll try to paint them by this weekend. I'm not sure about color though. I'm painting the car Kandy Red. I dont wanna go with a regular red on them. I thought about maybe repainting them yellow. Let me know what you think. Thanks again!

redboy504 said:
Thanks a lot. Thats some great advice. I'll get them cleaned up this week and I'll try to paint them by this weekend. I'm not sure about color though. I'm painting the car Kandy Red. I dont wanna go with a regular red on them. I thought about maybe repainting them yellow. Let me know what you think. Thanks again!
just solid kandy red, or any other color or pinstripe?

I plan on going solid. But I'm open to some other Ideas. I thought about silver rally stripes or even marbelized. Let me know what you think.

redboy504 said:
I plan on going solid. But I'm open to some other Ideas. I thought about silver rally stripes or even marbelized. Let me know what you think.
well, if you r going with all red, then you could do the opp of what i did with mine, paint the caliper black and the caliper bracket red...

Nice. I'm going to Home Depot at halftime to get some wire wheels and masking tape. After the game I'll get started cleaning them up.

As I'm cleaning everything up, I'm really liking the look. I may even try to put a high temp clear coat on it. Or possibly high temp silver. I'll put up some pics later. I'm even cleaning up my alternators and my serpentine brackets. Everything looks nice. I can't wait to put the pics up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor