1984 ElCO Rear disc brake upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
$217 isnt bad at all, i'm going to start piecing a set together myself. Good looking on posting the info 8)

melman109 said:
$217 isnt bad at all, i'm going to start piecing a set together myself. Good looking on posting the info 8)
Cool, Im going to take some good photos of the actual swap and clean up the thread...

LSCustoms said:
melman109 said:
Cool, Im going to take some good photos of the actual swap and clean up the thread...

Sweet i'm going to need it ...lol

I know its a lot of work involved but I cant wait to see your progress. I check everyday to see if you updated.I'm excited like it's my car. Maybe because my car is next. At leaast I hope it is.

redboy504 said:
I know its a lot of work involved but I cant wait to see your progress. I check everyday to see if you updated.I'm excited like it's my car. Maybe because my car is next. At leaast I hope it is.
Ill probably install them this weekend... was gonna upgrade the front brakes too at the same time and clean them up, but ill prob just install these and do the front suspension along with a little brake upgrade for the front

One thing I had to do with the axles in my 8.2 was to get the flange turned down to 5.75 so the camaro rotor would fit. I don't know if your set up has the same issue but you might want to check

pontiacgp said:
One thing I had to do with the axles in my 8.2 was to get the flange turned down to 5.75 so the camaro rotor would fit. I don't know if your set up has the same issue but you might want to check

If thats the case could I just take the axle that go wit the rotors?

a camaro axle won't fit a G body rear end....if it doesn't fit it's not expensive to have a machine shop turn them down. Your axle might fit, I was just posting it so you can check before you get into the job and go "oh f*&=#k" when you get that far

LSCustoms said:
FedEx delivered a small package... so another $85 (flynbye brackets) brings my grand total to $217... so lets see if I can get this done, without anything else, even though the pads are looking good, I may go ahead and buy some new ones after i clean it up... but minus that $217 for rear 12" disc brakes isn't bad at all...

IMG331.jpg

I think I am missing something.... but what are the brackets for ( front or rear ? ) I see you already have the backing plates for the rear so why not just use those and drill out the holes to match the backing plate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor