1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham

20230107_145702.jpg

20230107_151150.jpg

20230107_153954.jpg

IMG_20230107_164541.jpg

Here we go. I had to revert to the old style timing chain binder because tge new style did not clear the timing cover. Everything else fits OK, gone is the rope for the front crank seal, etc.

Oh man, you haven’t lived until you’ve installed a new rope seal. 😉

If you never figured out your rear brake problem, I'd venture a guess and say that, as installed, they're not clocked in a way that puts the bleeder on top. Try unbolting and rotating them slightly while still sitting on the pads to get that last little bit out of you can.

That would be very helpful. Is there somewhere online where I could buy that?
I found this one on eBay. If you are looking for something specific, send me a DM, I could search the info and digitize it for you.

The $1000 price was fair for a unique and interesting motor like this Turbo carbed 3.8. I almost went and bought a 4 BBL Pontiac OHC 6 for the same price. I also like something different. You have one unique car here. How many 4 door sedans still exit, can't be many. Upgraded suspension, a Monte SS TH2004R, 3.73 posi with 4 wheel disk brakes and the icing on the cake, a carbed Turbo Buick 3.8 V6 with the GN cam upgrade. I say improve the down pipe and exhaust as much as you can from factory, should help boost power even more. You will have a real fun, unique car when done, looking good so far.

If you never figured out your rear brake problem, I'd venture a guess and say that, as installed, they're not clocked in a way that puts the bleeder on top. Try unbolting and rotating them slightly while still sitting on the pads to get that last little bit out of you can.
Indeed, that will be next spring! A little afternoon of brake bleeding & beer with my buddy 🙂

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor