1985 Monte SS drag car build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
I've been @ NED for that.something about 30 people standing@ the starting line during racing seems unsafe...

I don’t really understand what the point having all those people at the starting line is. I agree 100% someone will get hurt sooner or later.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I don’t really understand what the point having all those people at the starting line is. I agree 100% someone will get hurt sooner or later.
I think the premise is a good idea as a lot of tracks around the country are closing due to people having other interests/younger generations not into the hobby,what have you.so a company like no time will drum up attendance based on, hate to say it but a street outlaw type program.if it keeps attendance up,awesome.
I've never signed any kinda waiver saying they're free from fault if i get hit by a flywheel standing feet from the tree but i agree it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

Reactions: 1 user

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
Got the car back home from work today after installing the moroso trick springs and summit adjustable shocks. Car sits killer now it dropped it about 2” total. I also got the brakes on all 4 corners done hoses and all and installed the rear double adjustable upper and lower control arms. I was also able to save the rear spoiler that was all busted up with some fiberglass and bondo I’m not done with that yet but it looks much better. I was able to rip around the dirt roads at work, I work at a rally racing school with 6 miles of roads. The car goes good and has a crap load of power. It could give it more than 1/4 throttle without digging ditches 😂!! It felt so good to drive it around after the countless hours I have spent on it over the past year, there’s still a lot more to do but it will definitely be ready for next season 🤘

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Got the car back home from work today after installing the moroso trick springs and summit adjustable shocks. Car sits killer now it dropped it about 2” total. I also got the brakes on all 4 corners done hoses and all and installed the rear double adjustable upper and lower control arms. I was also able to save the rear spoiler that was all busted up with some fiberglass and bondo I’m not done with that yet but it looks much better. I was able to rip around the dirt roads at work, I work at a rally racing school with 6 miles of roads. The car goes good and has a crap load of power. It could give it more than 1/4 throttle without digging ditches 😂!! It felt so good to drive it around after the countless hours I have spent on it over the past year, there’s still a lot more to do but it will definitely be ready for next season 🤘
Is your last name Duke? :wtf:

Reactions: 1 user

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
Is your last name Duke? :wtf:
Sometimes I think it should be 🤣. We are a professional crew at my work, but man we do some sketchy s**t when we get a few slow days. I also plan on bringing the Monte to some drift events at the New Hampshire motor speedway next season too. We also do a drift school there as well. All my buddies have drift cars. There’s a few of the younger ones that are convinced you can’t drift a automatic, so I’ll have to show them how it’s done, even with drag suspension.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
That’s the spoiler I saved. The back of it was missing a 7” chunk on the bottom. I grafted in a piece from another broken spoiler I had. The top was split about 2 feet across so I clamped it and fiberglassed the inside and filled the rest with some good ol bondo. Looks good for a few hours of work. It’s definitely got a much meaner stance now too.

Attachments

• F07548A1-AF4C-4E52-9357-57C2C569FC41.jpeg
    F07548A1-AF4C-4E52-9357-57C2C569FC41.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 163
  • 58B671A6-487A-44FA-81EA-74617C2E63D7.jpeg
    58B671A6-487A-44FA-81EA-74617C2E63D7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
  • 706F4702-B516-4D31-AE43-2AF9360B6A9A.jpeg
    706F4702-B516-4D31-AE43-2AF9360B6A9A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 173
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor