1985 Monte SS drag car build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
First goal is always to get it down the track. Then work on improving it. If you want it to be PERFECT to go to the track, you will never get there. My car was a work in progress for 22 years. Started out going 11.20's and sold going 8.80's.
Well said braketchev1221. I plan on having the cage certified next April. My goal is to be making passes this time next year or earlier. I’m not going to mess with the nitrous until I get the car dialed in As it is now.

Reactions: 1 user

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
Got a lot of small but tedious things done this weekend. I finished up the fuel system, swapped the speedo cable (what a pain 😂) installed the light harness, swapped the ignition tumbler and installed the quick release hub and new steering wheel. I also got the doors back on and lined up nicely this past week. Unfortunately I dropped the passenger door and put a few small dents in it. Sh*t happens though, that’s the downfall of working alone all the time.

Reactions: 1 users

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
I still have a lot of work to do but it felt so good getting the nose back on. Today was by far the happiest I’ve been with this car yet considering it was down to the frame in January.

Attachments

• AB9F4062-B411-460D-8B1C-792ACB737B95.jpeg
    AB9F4062-B411-460D-8B1C-792ACB737B95.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
  • F345D628-DE81-4241-AD63-72FE87FE7A80.jpeg
    F345D628-DE81-4241-AD63-72FE87FE7A80.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 179
Reactions: 6 users

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
I got the beast running and driving again! It’s going to be a monster. I towed it to work so I can do the brakes and the rest of the suspension. We have a drift school going on at the New Hampshire motor speedway October 13, I’m going get some shake down launches and burn off a set of skinny’s I have while I’m there. I tried to post a video but I couldn’t figure it out if someone could point me in the right direction on that I’ll post a video of it running.

DysonSS

Greasemonkey
Feb 26, 2017
Littleton NH
I haven’t really thought about class racing yet. My main goal for next year is to get the cage certified, make some passes and get the car dialed in N/A first. Then I’m planning on installing a nitrous kit and hitting it with 100-200 shot. No time grudge racing is taking off up here I have a few buddies that are in to it I may give it a shot.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I got the beast running and driving again! It’s going to be a monster. I towed it to work so I can do the brakes and the rest of the suspension. We have a drift school going on at the New Hampshire motor speedway October 13, I’m going get some shake down launches and burn off a set of skinny’s I have while I’m there. I tried to post a video but I couldn’t figure it out if someone could point me in the right direction on that I’ll post a video of it running.
Sweet! To post a video on here you'll have to upload it to youtube, then copy and paste it here.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I haven’t really thought about class racing yet. My main goal for next year is to get the cage certified, make some passes and get the car dialed in N/A first. Then I’m planning on installing a nitrous kit and hitting it with 100-200 shot. No time grudge racing is taking off up here I have a few buddies that are in to it I may give it a shot.
I've been @ NED for that.something about 30 people standing@ the starting line during racing seems unsafe...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor