1987 Cutlass Supreme :Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: One Clean 1987 Cutlass

So so nice!! I love my Cutlass also, they are such nice cars to drive!! I don't even hot rod mine either, I just cruise that bad boy!! Have fun!!

Finnaly Got the wheels all finished and back on the car and it dosent look half bad here is the pictures. anyone thinking about redoing your icroc rims id really really suggest this thread http://www.thirdgen.org/sergiowheels it really helped me the only extra step i added on my own was reclear coating the rims once finished.

Attachments

• b4and fater.jpg
    b4and fater.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 839
  • side shot 3.jpg
    side shot 3.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 823
  • Side shot 2.jpg
    Side shot 2.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 842

Looks great! Welcome to the forum! Ditch the train horn idea.... please! :shock:

bill said:
Looks great! Welcome to the forum! Ditch the train horn idea.... please! :shock:
Thanks andThanks for the welcome and Haha naw i was just joking about that i seen a few joke videos on youtube was pretty funny.

Re: First Car Just got it Today !

cutty said:
nice, and where about in ontario you located?

Looks O.K. Nice pick-up.

I just realized i prolly wont swap motors on this car so im kinda wondering has anyone with a V6 made it sound good or found any way to gain extra power and how they did it ? im looking mabey for dual exhuast whats a good brand for the 3.8? :mrgreen:

Re: 1987 Cutlass v6?

A loud V6 still sounds gross IMO (GNs excluded). If it runs okay I'd just focus generally maintaining it. There is really nothing to be gained by throwing money at the 3.8 for any noticeable performance gains. If it runs well you might be better served to just work on the cosmetics of the car. Almost anyone who has been into Gs for awhile will tell you not to waste any time or money on a V6. I know any V8 swap seems expensive and time consuming but it's far better in the end. Also keep in mind that once you upgrade the engine you'll need to upgrade the transmission, then the rearend, then the brakes, then the suspension, and on , and on... My advice is to keep it mechanically stock-ish for now and put some miles on it. That will give you time to decide what/how you really need to change.

Re: 1987 Cutlass v6?

DRIVEN said:
A loud V6 still sounds gross IMO (GNs excluded). If it runs okay I'd just focus generally maintaining it. There is really nothing to be gained by throwing money at the 3.8 for any noticeable performance gains. If it runs well you might be better served to just work on the cosmetics of the car. Almost anyone who has been into Gs for awhile will tell you not to waste any time or money on a V6. I know any V8 swap seems expensive and time consuming but it's far better in the end. Also keep in mind that once you upgrade the engine you'll need to upgrade the transmission, then the rearend, then the brakes, then the suspension, and on , and on... My advice is to keep it mechanically stock-ish for now and put some miles on it. That will give you time to decide what/how you really need to change.

+1

Re: 87 Cutty Rallye Rim Issue

The original rallies that came on my car were rusted worse than that. I would get them sand blasted to start. Depending on how much rust is left after the sand blasting you have different options as to which way you can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor