1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1987 Olds Pro-touring project build *LONG*

you should go for it. i've been 50/50 about going all black or same combo (hood & trunk) black and silver but its to hard to decide.

that bottom pic does look pretty slick. i like the darker gold idea as well

FE3X CLONE said:
Was messing around with paint ideas. I love all black cars but really want something a little bit Did a quick Photoshop image of Angleo's FE3X to see how the paint scheme might work.
fe3xGOLD-wheels.jpg

I like your idea!
Maybe it's just my slight color-blindness, but that looks green to me... I'm sure with the right shade, it will look fantastic!

Have you considered silver instead of gold? Just a thought.
Also about the paint scheme, what about something like this? I have this model car in black/silver, it's not the same car but just an idea..
images

Blake442 said:
I like your idea!
Maybe it's just my slight color-blindness, but that looks green to me... I'm sure with the right shade, it will look fantastic!

It might on your screen. On mine it's a goldish color but I could see where it may look green if viewed on another monitor.

FE3X CLONE said:
Was messing around with paint ideas. I love all black cars but really want something a little bit different.

So I was thinking about doing something like the '80 W-30 paint scheme:

21078120011_large.jpg

Although I'm looking for a gold that's not so brownish in color and to clean up the look a bit by not having all the extra pin striping, body side molding and chrome trim.
I'm also considering the Forgeline T/A wheels down the road. Granted the car isn't a T/A but I've always liked the "lace" style wheels so why not go with a reproduction of a wheel that was on an American car?

Did a quick Photoshop image of Angleo's FE3X to see how the paint scheme might work.

fe3xGOLD-wheels.jpg

I'm still thinking the gold may go even darker. I was actually thinking about making it more of a "black gold" that looks gold in direct sunlight but black just about any other time.

if you look at the hoods in these pics to compare the color the bottom on looks sorta green to me at well...it could be that it's a matt finish as well....it''ll look awesome and it's a nice paint scheme

I think the idea would be really cool. It's critical that the wheels and the gold on the car match though. The matte gold with the main color of the car will definately be killer

All right, I am going to go against the flow here. I personally don't like it. The Black/Gold paint scheme is a little too "disco era" for me. Reminds me of Burt Reynolds and Sally Fields. It's the "bandit" paint scheme to me and forever will be. To me nothing is as Bad *ss looking as a straight plain Black car. 8)

SafariWagon said:
All right, I am going to go against the flow here. I personally don't like it. The Black/Gold paint scheme is a little too "disco era" for me. Reminds me of Burt Reynolds and Sally Fields. It's the "bandit" paint scheme to me and forever will be. To me nothing is as Bad *ss looking as a straight plain Black car. 8)

Keep in mind, Olds was using this paint scheme long before the Bandit T/A with the Hurst Olds's. 😉

Besides, I like the Bandit car. Granted I would do it a bit different today without as much of the pin striping and such but would definitely have the Firebird on the hood and gold wheels. 🙂

79loserbluebu said:
I think the idea would be really cool. It's critical that the wheels and the gold on the car match though. The matte gold with the main color of the car will definately be killer

The wheels would definitely match. That just don't in that picture because I did them after the hood and couldn't get the color's to line up properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor