1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot my grilles with some Rustoleum satin paint and installed them tonight to check fit and looks:

Debating on whether or not I want to tint the corner marker lights a little to kill the bright orange. Going to wait and see how it looks once the headlights and front bumper with turn signals is installed.

I took my new set of amber turn signals and sanded the chrome trim off them and sprayed them with the same Rustoleum paint so that they blended in better with the bumper. Then I installed them in the new front bumper piece and used washers to help shim them out flush with the front face:

This was the reason I cut out the stock steel bumper piece and used it's stock tabs to mount to the back of the fiberglass so that I could get the flush look. Seems to have worked pretty well. Thanks to Blacksheep for the use of some of his extra Corvette fiberglass adhesive. That stuff cures rock hard and appears to hold really well:

Andrew I've been keeping keep up with your build every since you first started posting up at oldspower.
I must say that everything you're doing is top notch sir. Please keep up the great work

Man I have got to get some of the corvette adhesive, I see more and more people using it for things.

liquidh8 said:
Man I have got to get some of the corvette adhesive, I see more and more people using it for things.

Yeah, it mixes just like regular body filler but the stuff dries like concrete. If you're going to sand the stuff you need to do it before it gets completely hard.

88hurstolds said:
Are you just going to run a bumper brace and not the skin?

Yes for the most part. I left the "skin" along the top of the bumper support in case there would be any gap (there really shouldn't be) but I cut the rest of it out.

The front fiberglass just wouldn't fit with it in place.

I know some wanted better pics of what was cut on the front bumper support for clearance. Took a few tonight while installing the headlights and grilles:

Threw on the rear FE3X bumper piece because I was getting impatient. 🙂 Still needs some fitment and a few screws placed in the wheel well lip but it's not looking too bad.

I like the fatter look that it gives the rear quarter.

I'm getting excited! :mrgreen:
Just keep taking your time! It's lookin' good! :banana:

The flares came out great!! :notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor