1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on the GNX fender vents. I bought a set, was going to use them on my wagon, but I am now going to go a different route. Can't wait to see your car all assembled!

Re: 1987 Olds Pro-touring project build *LONG*

roachownsu said:
FE3X CLONE said:
Snapped a few pictures of the fender to core support braces I made up:

DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0187.jpg

And a picture of my lower radiator I welded together out of 1.75" exhaust tubing and then powder coated satin black:

DSCN0188.jpg

those core support braces look like belt tensioners for a diesel engine .. is that right?

Fender to core support braces are SWEET man,How much you selling for ? lol

I pulled those off years ago because they don't really work. Hood wouldn't close not to mention they were in the way of the coolant overflow and my ignition box.

It's far cheaper to just buy some 5/8" steel tubing from the hardware store, cut to length, flatten each end and drill a couple of holes.

Yea i already have original ones,i polished mine but those are sweet looking, i like the aluminum look an them ends. Those's are something you don't see everyday ,if you still got them i like to buy them

Nice Olds by the way 🙂 Those's support bars would work for me. My hood is a pin on style now,that inner structure got Fu** up,so it is gone now.The bars that i got actually help hood it up. lol I am getting a different overflow tank also.Do you remember what size tubing an the size of the heim joints ? RH an LH ? Id like to make a set of them in the future

jlcustomz said:
Was just checking out your heim joint fender braces ,I guess this setup could also help to fine tune the front fender/hood/fascia alignment ?

There just to support the front end,not much room for fine tuning,i think all he was going for was a good look,something different

Yep, they aren't doing anything other than helping to stiffen the front end sheetmetal a little. No real need to use them for adjusting body panel fitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor