1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Re: 1987 Olds Pro-touring project build *LONG*

And....this all can't be done on the weekend?

Oh well...it's just, well you know many of us have been following a long time and can hardly wait to see you driving this project....now we have to wait until next year....again?

J/K, all selfishness aside, take your time, get it right, it'll be worth it 8)

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla

FE3X CLONE said:
I really hope to get it down to Oldsranch's place to put it on the lift and clean everything under the car as well.
On the silver car, I have a shiotload of cleaning to do under the hood from body stuff too. Since my 455 is out right now, it is time to do it. I had to pull my HVAC box top off too since it was not sealed well enough to keep rainwater out of the PS footwell.

Well, next year Norwalk, here we come!

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

Well, paint has started! :) Working on the jambs, inner fenders and underside of trunk and hood. Once that's finished we'll hang the doors and fenders and start aligning body panels and it will be ready for final paint.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Glad to see you are finally getting color on it!

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA

Simply Incredible job, I can only dream of coming close.

BigGeorge

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2010

I've been following this build for a long time now. This is a testament to the fact that you can't rush perfection. Can't wait to see it finished. Did you ever get those wheels? I looked into the Vendor that sold them and apparently they are either out of business or changed websites.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010

Looking good glad to see it with paint in the jams, you have put a sh*t load of work into this car glad to see it finely paying off.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

Thanks everyone.

BigGeorge, I never bought the rims that I have in my rendering. I was planning to when I upgrade down the road but like you I noticed the company apparently went out of business. So when it comes time I'll likely just find some that looks close.

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013

I love this project. It gives me a lot off courage to finish my own project. Mine is a budget build but at least I', doing everything I can afford to make it a solid car.
Your Cutlass however is going to be the most awesome out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor