200-4r question, need answer fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
i came across a motor and transmission from a 1986 442 for $250. guy says it ran when he yanked it. i need to know real fast if the kzf code 200-4r is one of the better model trannys, and also if it would bolt up to a chevy 350 small block. even if not i should probably grab it cause im gonna go to a olds powerplant down the road evetually. but just curious if they make an adapter or something so i could use the transmission now and then just keep it when i swap the chevy for an olds. im sure i could sell the 307 for what i paid for the whole combo. i need to know fast though, it aint gonna last long.

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
The kzf code 200-4r from what I understand is one of the better models. It will have a dual bolt pattern so it will bolt up to the 350 Chevy and later on the Olds plant with no problems.

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
thanks guys, let ya know what happens. i cant believe i didnt see the add sooner, its about two weeks old. the guys dam number wont work so im sending him an email. its proly gone, but you never know. would be sweet to scoop up a ho 307 and a 200-4r for4 $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor